IT.COM

.com NUMO.com goes for $25k

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Toptrade

Established Member
Impact
I have been following the auction of NUMO.com (yes "U" and "o") CVCV for the last 8 days on Flippa and the entire auction has been quite interesting. First of all, we tend to focus on mainly consonants over vowels, forgetting that each domain is quite unique and bears an intrinsic value. Numo.com fits that category well. An interesting and competitive auction finally culminating in BIN price of 25k. Naturally, there is always a joker in the pack: Bidder 2 was permanently banned from Flippa - my take - Fake bidding! Flippa note reads that same was due to breaking T&C on multiple occasions. Finally, Major congrats to both parties - seller and buyer! See results of auction here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That means bidder 1 could be fake bidder. Thta's why I never use FLIPPA

•••
That means bidder 1 could be fake bidder. Thta's why I never use FLIPPA
On the contrary, I believe that you must present certain documents to affirm your capacity to bid high. I think thats why they were able to curb the problem.

•••
This auction has red flags all over it.

Bidder 2 Banned

Bidder 1 new bidder

Reserve was $18K, but New Bidder paid 28% premium to BIN it at $25K?

Usernames need to be exposed to keep everyone honest, surprised a domain broker used this venue, as commissions are due to broker, and venue.

Last edited:
•••
This auction has red flags all over it.

Bidder 2 Banned

Bidder 1 new bidder

Reserve was $18K, but New Bidder paid 28% premium to BIN it at $25K?

Usernames need to be exposed to keep everyone honest, surprised a domain broker used this venue, as commissions are due to broker, and venue.
point taken; but why would anyone try to mess around with Escrow dealings?

•••
It is still a great great name and I won't be surprised when it will sell for that price for real.

•••
Good Name. I was surprised too. I was watching. Suddenly I got email saying name sold. I clicked Bids and found out Winner was New Bidder.

3 Possibilities:

(1) End User
(2) Emotional Bidding (New User with Loaded pocket)
(3) Fake (Lets hope deal close properly)

•••
point taken; but why would anyone try to mess around with Escrow dealings?
Escrow happens after the sale, I don't know what Bidder 2 did to get banned, or what their purpose was, but it looks really bad against a two way auction when the second highest bidder is banned.

Yes, could be an end users, or investor, we will see how it lands when the whois settles.

•••
Good Name. I was surprised too. I was watching. Suddenly I got email saying name sold. I clicked Bids and found out Winner was New Bidder.

3 Possibilities:

(1) End User
(2) Emotional Bidding (New User with Loaded pocket)
(3) Fake (Lets hope deal close properly)
Nice breakdown of possibilities!

•••
Lets all hope, for the good of all domaining and 4L.com holders, that this CVCV.com deal pulls through nicely. This would raise the bar significantly. Its like pumping 100k into a regular business and raising its share value significantly. I really hope it ends the good way.

•••
In my opinion, que domains worths $25K, it's a good name. Probably Kevin @FlippaDomains can give us a reason for that banned member, for our peace of mind. It would be nice since Namepros is a great base os Flippa users.

•••
the name is worth 25k comfortably as extremely brandable

easy to remember

hard to forget name

•••

easy to remember

hard to forget name
nice way to summarize it.

•••

easy to remember

hard to forget name
nice way to summarize it.

•••
the ownership has changed so it has sold probably.
i knew the previous owner and its not the current one:xf.wink:
so i would say.. a nice sale!

•••
Buyer is co founder of swag.com, so I guess he likes his 4L premiums, quick payment.

I wonder if flippa or the broker brought him in, I say flippa more likely so.

•••
numo .com has two separate values in a way

first it has a value to a domain name investor in as much as if sat on for a while and pay a few renewals it will return a very good roi as quality names as that become extremely scarce or very very expensive etc

and secondly

to the right end user who won't much care what they have to pay for it because it will be the perfect name to brand and the brand they go on to create will become far more valuable in the future owners mind not to mention the monetary value the eventual brand may go on to become

that will soon be less than the average cost of a new car in the uk before long

•••
We work with brokers of all stripes and welcome participation, as per the comment above as to "why" any broker would work with us. Many do.

This was a legit buyer, and a legit sale - and I am told by our broker-partner it is in Escrow.

As for the banned user, we do not broadcast specifics of "why" - as that is private information; needless to say, and as many of you already know, we take any breach of our terms very seriously.

•••
I think it is a good name and a good investment.

•••
its good to have flippa on to clarify etc well done

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back