Dynadot

Numeric domain trends

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Have you noticed that backorders and bids for numeric domains are increasing lately, including 6N.com?

I've used Verisign Keyword trends to analize registered domains with "000", "333", "555" and "888".
Here are the results. What do you think?

WTrAsqb.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Sure, thanks to China.
Four more samples, being "444" the less registered.:)

d9ZeATu.jpg

•••
Yes as they believe that number to be unlucky or death.

•••
Take into account that the graphics include all registered domains with that "keywords", not only pure numeric domains. But In my opinion its representative. It will be interesting to check it again in two months.

•••
Exactly two months....it should be interesting to update this numeric trend, I would do but I can't :-/

•••
Here you are.
Unexpected results?
Remember that the total numbers include the chains "333", "000", "555" and "888" for all domains registered, not only full numerics and with any length.
The total number of registered .com has increased from 367000 to 495000.
I guess the decrease is due to the fact that good domains with these "keywords" are all already registered.

QaFVrrA.jpg

•••
Is anyone going to the 7N market yet?
~
There are many already registered and most repeating patterns have been taken, I have grabbed a few repeating tipples + one, also some bookend style domains with triples in the middle

•••
Interesting to note that perhaps the biggest numeric domain marketplace is using a 4
~
4.cn doesn't have any issues with a 4 in their domain

•••
Here you are.
Unexpected results?
Remember that the total numbers include the chains "333", "000", "555" and "888" for all domains registered, not only full numerics and with any length.
The total number of registered .com has increased from 367000 to 495000.
I guess the decrease is due to the fact that good domains with these "keywords" are all already registered.

QaFVrrA.jpg
Great thread thank you.I posted last week someplace here that the Chinese are starting to quietly buy .io and someone that needs to get a life said it was a shameful plug lol because I posted the two numerics we own both excellent

•••
Is anyone going to the 7N market yet?
~
There are many already registered and most repeating patterns have been taken, I have grabbed a few repeating tipples + one, also some bookend style domains with triples in the middle
Yes, I have about 600 7N.COMs You can see it here

•••
•••
•••
Ok I did miss that, I see lots of 888's
~
What do you think is the floor price at the moment?

•••
Ok I did miss that, I see lots of 888's
~
What do you think is the floor price at the moment?
It is too early to say a floor price right now but you may get more than reg fees anyway if you are desperate to sell. It is too late to invest because all good ones are gone!

•••
I have 888123.org for sale on sedo.

•••
•••
Are you sure it's China, and not the West buying for China?
Yes. Nonchinese hold more number domains than the Chinese.

•••
Question please-we own 990v.com Estibot $590 where's the best place to sell a name like this would it be on 4.cn? Thank you

•••
Time to update this "old" thread.
Refer to first post to understand data. Notice the bump for domains registered with the sequence "888" on august. More than 75,000 domains registered only this month.

chart.png

Last edited:
•••
Same chart for different numeric sequences. Remember that the chart reflects registrations for these sequences for all extensions and lengths.
Interesting to see how domains registrations including "444" skyrocketed last month.

chart2.png

•••
Because the well is drying up, folk who frowned upon them now realise they have been overlooked

•••
Have you noticed that backorders and bids for numeric domains are increasing lately, including 6N.com?

I've used Verisign Keyword trends to analize registered domains with "000", "333", "555" and "888".
Here are the results. What do you think?

WTrAsqb.jpg
Interesting-TY for posting We own 330.io Just as an ivestment in case they catch on-we'll see.

•••
@Primerlloc thanks for sharing the chart and the resource. Very interesting stuff.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back