IT.COM

NP Just sold my domain for $20,000! Wait... what?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Archangel

randypendleton.comTop Member
Impact
I haven't seen a thread on this yet so I'll make one here.
I received this silly email. I laughed at it but I'm still wondering about it:

Dear NamePros member,

You have received this email because you advertised your domains for sale
on the NamePros - Buy, Sell, Discuss Domain Names forum.

NamePros.com is the leading domain forum. Thank you for choosing
NamePros - Buy, Sell, Discuss Domain Names.

Our team of professionals has found a buyer for your domain name. He is
ready to pay $20,000 for your domain. But in order to proceed further you
should pay us $100 for our services to our PayPal account at
[email protected].

Please send us this money at [email protected] within 24 hours for our
selling services.

As soon as we receive this payment we will help you with the transfer.

Looking forward to do business with you.

Regards,

Michael Pipiskin

COO of NamePros

NamePros - Buy, Sell, Discuss Domain Names

NamePros - The leading Domain Forum
========================================================
NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged
information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer.
========================================================

First, NP doesn't even have a brokerage, to my knowledge. Second, it doesn't say what domain is being sold. Three, I never entered into any agreement by NP for them to sell anything. Four, why would they ask for money up-front? lol

I've received this exact same email 3 times today. Any thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Namepros letter scam

removed, threads merged

Last edited:
•••
And who is Michael Pipiskin lol.

Doing a quick search found another similar thread on namepros (reported the other so they could be merged).

I personally have not received such an email. All the links in the email you have pasted show proper links, I take it in reality they pointed elsewhere?

•••
I've just merged these two threads.

I noticed the links look real, anyone clicked them? (from the original email)

•••
•••
i received it today ..i knew it was a scam

•••
Silly try to protect your scamming company. If you have no conection why should we pay to you via PayPal? I smell a dirty scam.

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

i received it today ..i knew it was a scam

Of course, it's a spam and scam. Namepros has financial problems and they are trying to raise some funds...:hehe::lala:

•••
•••
I knew it was a scam the moment I read it but it was still funny. I haven't clicked on any links within it but c'mon, you'd have to be pretty stupid to fall for it :p

•••
i was able to reply to mine (the paypal address) just said this has been reported to namepros staff ....they have not replied back so far

•••
Got email from [email protected]

Dear NamePros member,
You have received this email because you advertised your domains for sale on the NamePros - Buy, Sell, Discuss Domain Names[/url] forum. NamePros.com is the leading domain forum. Thank you for choosing NamePros - Buy, Sell, Discuss Domain Names[/url]. Our team of professionals has found a buyer for your domain name. He is ready to pay $20,000 for your domain. But in order to proceed further you should pay us $100 for our services to our PayPal account at [email protected] within 24 hours for our selling services. As soon as we receive this payment we will help you with the transfer.
Looking forward to do business with you.

Regards, XXXXXXX
COO of NamePros

Is it a scam?

•••
yes this is a scammer. a similar thread was created by moderator: Archangel (Randy)

and RJ (admin) confirmed that they are not affiliated with Namepros.com

•••
•••
This is a spoof email that uses our domain for the sender's address. They don't actually have any access to the namepros.com email system.

We don't accept PayPal at [email protected] or any other @namepros.com address for that matter. There really isn't any point to these bogus messages other than the appraisal scammers trying to make us look bad.

Thanks for the report.

RJ

•••
It's pretty obvious who sent these emails and why he did so (No names mentioned but hint: his account was suspended}. Trying to defame NP... his attempt had no hope.

•••
I don't understand one thing though. Why would someone want payment sent to a invalid paypal id? Why not a real one instead? So this was just an attempt to defame NP?

•••
Thank you everyone for clarification, I also got this email today but I fell something strange since I never listed my domain for sale in here :hehe: and they asked payment first? no way! this is totally fraud :lol::lol:

•••
now give me the $20,000 first and then i'll send the $100

.........ok mr scammer

Last edited:
•••
Defaming seems like the objective here.

I don't understand one thing though. Why would someone want payment sent to a invalid paypal id? Why not a real one instead? So this was just an attempt to defame NP?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back