IT.COM

discuss Not for sale landing page?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Has anyone tried experimenting with not for sale landing pages? I guess these type of landers will only work with a premium name. It's kind of reverse psychology. Everything is for sale but at the right price.

Some examples of not for sale landing pages that I have come across:

upload_2021-7-19_13-7-38.png

upload_2021-7-19_13-8-28.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It could work as you said, but it may feel somewhat unprofessional manner to some visitors/possible buyers. I wouldn't recommend it unless you truly don't want to sell it. The question is, even if in this scenario why not to build a profitable business site than a "not for sale" landing page?

Last edited:
•••
Another not for sale landing page that was shared on Twitter yesterday:

upload_2021-7-19_13-39-48.png

•••
I would just delete the few leads you get every decade if didn't want to sell. If thinking some sort of reverse psychology will work to opposite effect you would be mistaken people would move on.

Last edited:
•••
Maybe they just really like the name and its really not for sale?

•••
Last edited:
•••
It works.. for premium names

•••
It works.. for premium names

For the Crypto.com domain, there was a period the owner really didn't want to sell, though.

But that changed gradually with the incoming offers.

•••
Another one - Steam.com which sold for $390,560 recently

upload_2021-7-19_17-49-2.png

•••
Why to sell a goldmine, which will give you money for a lifetime?

Last edited:
•••
I don't have the luxury of having the option of turning away my leads i burn them by ignoring lowballs i don't actively make it impossible.

•••
The one thing you will notice about all of those "not for sale" domain names is that they are all exceptional, highly desirable assets. The owners likely did not want to sell, but they likely received hundreds or thousands of emails from people asking to buy them.

I don't think a domain investor will have much luck with that kind of landing page, unless the objective is to dissuade tire kickers from inquiring. On the other hand, someone with a very average, easily replaceable domain name, could lose out on an offer from someone who doesn't want to have to convince the owner to sell.

IMO, a not for sale landing might work for exceptional domain names that do not need reverse psychology to sell.

•••
The one thing you will notice about all of those "not for sale" domain names is that they are all exceptional, highly desirable assets. The owners likely did not want to sell, but they likely received hundreds or thousands of emails from people asking to buy them.

I don't think a domain investor will have much luck with that kind of landing page, unless the objective is to dissuade tire kickers from inquiring. On the other hand, someone with a very average, easily replaceable domain name, could lose out on an offer from someone who doesn't want to have to convince the owner to sell.

IMO, a not for sale landing might work for exceptional domain names that do not need reverse psychology to sell.
I really think it wasn't a lot of email just the few lowballs pissed them off.

•••
Not mine,

but Lent.com has a funny, not for sale page.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Back