Domain Empire

advice NORTHROP.com Expired (Update: Renewed)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kate

Domainosaurus RexTop Member
Impact
NORTHROP.com is on prerelease at Namejet.
This is a very rare 1985 domain, among the very first .com created.
Also on prerelease:
  • northropgrummancorp.com
  • northroplabs.com
What is strange is that NORTHROP.com does not expire until 2022.

I know that domainers like to collect old domain names, but I would not advise bidding on this one. Because the TM issues are just too obvious and this name cannot really be resold or used in a meaningful way. While the company was dissolved it now lives on as Northrop Grumman if I'm right.
If you buy a name like this without the TM rights then you are buying a collectors' item, but it could be taken away from you. Caveat emptor.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Two days ago this was the expiration date:

Expiration Date:2017-11-06

•••
Not quite sure about the TM issues you are talking about, it's a last name and also the name of a few places. In addition to this all active trademarks with the word Northrop are not for the word itself and include additional words so I don't think there are any real TM issues and even if they are the name is common enough for it to have to be classed by goods/services now that the original TM has expired. You would have to have a domain that is very close to an active trademark for there to be any issues with confusion, Northrop Grumman owns NorthropGrumman.com so for you to be violating their TM rights you would need to have NorthropGrummans.com,GrummanNorthrop.com etc. There is no confusion with Northrop.com.

NORTHROP GRUMMAN,
NORTHROP & JOHNSON
THE CREIG NORTHROP TEAM
JHNA JOHN H. NORTHROP & ASSOCIATES

Here are some places with the name Northrop:

Good luck bidding!

Last edited:
•••
Jack Northrop was the founder. The family/foundation should buy it as a historical website for him and his designs, he was the founder and entire aerospace career was interesting starting as a designer and the original flying wing design was his, which years later adapted to the B2, also Northrop name only. But agree with Kate, its like number 7 on the oldest list below symbolics but what end user would buy it and what for? Nobody in a high school or in Minnesota in a town of only 200 would buy it.

As far as UDRP confusion as long as it was used for non aerospace and defense I would imagine its ok. But unless your last name is Northrop, seems to be a poor investment for resale. But a collectors item for sure.

I think for the corp to drop it seems pretty stupid to ignore their history or some foundation not being created. The still airborne fleet of F-18’s are all Northrop planes, Grumman merger came later after the wall fell down and nothing to do with F-18 either but as a subcontractor.

•••
The domain was expired, but looks like it got renewed earlier today.

Updated Date: 2017-12-11

The nameservers went from -

NS1.PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM
NS2.PENDINGRENEWALDELETION.COM

to

MX1.NRTC.NORTHROP.COM
MX2.NRTC.NORTHROP.COM

It is absurd to come that close to losing this domain over the sake of a renewal fee.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It is absurd to come that close to losing this domain over the sake of a renewal fee.

The sheer brilliance of corporate offices.

•••
According to namejet this is an expiry backorder, so when the domain drops they will attempt to grab it. Its already got $320 in bids on it

•••
According to namejet this is an expiry backorder, so when the domain drops they will attempt to grab it. Its already got $320 in bids on it

Went to double check on your last post. It was renewed through 2022, nameservers as Brad stated above, epp code is client transfer prohibited, namejet search it no longer shows. Northrop.com does not redirect or resolve. But the amazing part are the squatters have for sale BIN northropgrumman.org $688 and many more typos listed. Even Namejet has northropgrummancorp.com now up for sale, expired on prerelease. No bids though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back