Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Nominet dispute

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Badger

Ravaged By AgeVIP Member
Impact
109
Guys,

Just received a .co.uk nominet dispute from a company that owns the limited company name of a domain i hold.

Their company name includes the acronym 'dj' in their title. It is a bit involved but i used to work with the owner of this limited comany and he alleges in the dispute that I only regged the name 'out of spite'.

At the moment I have it repointed to a poker site - which has no connection with the business to which the complainent engages in.

Am I to argue that I intend to develop the site into say a site that rents out disc jockey ('DJ') equipment or do I hand it over.

Anyone have any experience with nominet?
Are their any further ramifications that could affect me if I contest the transfer?
And what rules to Nominet go by?

Your informed comments are always appreciated.

Ian
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
It is a bit involved but i used to work with the owner of this limited comany

I think this would kill your claim to the name, right here. You can't claim to not have heard of the company and its url before.
 
0
•••
SInce the domain name in question is a .co.uk one, why not check Nominet
itself? Here's a link to it.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
I believe the nominet procedure is for a mediator to try and resolve the issue with both parties for ten days after which the complainant then must pay £750 + tax for it to be decided by an independant adjudicator.

Now, I would hand over this name for far less than the amount they will have to pay for a decision so I guess I am best (at this stage) to file a defence along the lines mentioned in my opening thread with a view to settlement.

Any other thoughts??
 
0
•••
Keep it and use it, I wouldn't let them bully you if the name is not soley their such as google but googledj to me is legit..screw 'em
 
0
•••
Get this, the name is in moderation and the moderator has said to me that 'no matter what', the complainant refuses to pay me anything for the name. Even though I have said that I will take £200 for it.

So, no matter what now, they have to pay £750 plus VAT (tax) - £881 ($1500) - which is non refundable, for the name to be decided upon by a single panel adjudicator.

They want this course of action and the funny thing is, they have a good chance of losing.

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back