Domain Empire

No way of reaching the $100 minimum payout with my dead site

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
so i have had google adsense on my sites for a couple years now.. never had that much traffic but managed to reach the minimum and got a check on the mail like about a year ago.
However, NOW my site has died and gets no traffic what so ever.
i have about $80.00 dollars in my adsense account but cant get a check until i reach $100.00.. so i wanted to know if there was anything i could do to get the remaining $20...
i dont know if it is legal to pay someone those 20 bucks... so they could use my adsense number to get me 20 bucks in my account...
if you have any ideas plz... post them

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
revive the site with fresh content and promote

even start a new site...all the best with it

•••
yup.... i agree with coreyg. either revive the site and/OR put up other sites on domains you have and, collectively, the revenue should eventually cross the minimum payout amount. you can, of course, have multiple sites on the same adsense account, so if you have other promising domains it is time to kick them into gear! good luck, sp

•••
so i have had google adsense on my sites for a couple years now.. never had that much traffic but managed to reach the minimum and got a check on the mail like about a year ago.
However, NOW my site has died and gets no traffic what so ever.
i have about $80.00 dollars in my adsense account but cant get a check until i reach $100.00.. so i wanted to know if there was anything i could do to get the remaining $20...
i dont know if it is legal to pay someone those 20 bucks... so they could use my adsense number to get me 20 bucks in my account...
if you have any ideas plz... post them

Like others said: write some excellent/useful content for your site: after this content get indexed in our site, you can then submit it to top article directories which will also give you some traffic.

•••
after this content get indexed in our site, you can then submit it to top article directories which will also give you some traffic.

Thats a huge detail! Make sure its indexed in google before you submit it or google credits the first site indexed with the article for your hard work!

I, personally, wouldnt take this approach but in the interest of putting options out there: Email google and close the account. They'll send you a cheque for the sum in your account.

Regards,
Gregory

•••
i am sure in australia they changed from $100 to $150 minimum payout once i was forced to have earnings shown in australian dollars , .....my earnings have been worse than yours !!!! i doubt i will ever see any money from them , especially now they raised the minimum payout , but yes start new site content does seem worth trying , to be honest i just dont consider it as a form of income and i dont think about it anymore, good luck !!!

•••
Add some content and build some links to revive traffic.

Like others said: write some excellent/useful content for your site: after this content get indexed in our site, you can then submit it to top article directories which will also give you some traffic.

FWIW, I never submit the same article(s) to article directories that I use on a site. There's no guarantee that Google will take the first one indexed as the original, especially if a site with more authority picks one up. Also, certain article directories will reject your article if they see the content exists elsewhere.

•••
If you are not planning on reviving your site or creating anything new, I guess the other option for getting your current balance is to just close your Adsense account. They'll send you whatever is owed...

•••
If you are not planning on reviving your site or creating anything new, I guess the other option for getting your current balance is to just close your Adsense account. They'll send you whatever is owed...

I thought i read if you dont acheive minimum payout and account closes any money is returned to advertisers ?

•••
https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=9914

To permanently cancel your account, please complete our cancellation form. Upon cancellation, you'll receive your final payment within approximately 90 days of the end of the month, provided that your account balance is greater than the cancellation threshold; Google will not make payments for any earned balance that does not reach this threshold.

"Cancellation threshold" looks to be $10 USD if I'm reading it correctly.
https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?answer=139719

Last edited:
•••
i wonder what i read ? , i dont think i would close my account , because you never know what's around the corner ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back