Dynadot

NNNN.org Countdown

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have purposefully not included the word "official" because this is most definitely not. With the number of internet users increasing, the obvious undervaluing of the .org TLD and the potential for trouble thanks to the Snowe Bill there is no doubt these NNNN.org domains will have significant value (at least reg fee!) shortly.

See posts below for availability lists:

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
johnnywj said:
I have a script a friend of me made for me and I'm using proxies. I'm also using
DRT and Available Domains Pro + some others script/programs.

I also did BULK scan with the available names i found with my script through
MONIKER and FABULOUS and got the same number of available all 3 times.
Hi Johnny, yes, my homegrown scanner results agree with yours.

@st0rmer, just write your own scanner, I never trust other scanners unless they can validate their results

•••
bobby9101 said:
Hi Johnny, yes, my homegrown scanner results agree with yours.

@st0rmer, just write your own scanner, I never trust other scanners unless they can validate their results
how do you write your own scanner?

•••
I wrote my in PHP and run it on localhost/my sever
I'm sure one could be written in C

•••
oh, i don't know php or c. if anyone wanted to help me out that would be great

:D

•••
i suppose you have got it right then Johnny

I'd also be inetersted in learning how to make a scanner. Any threads or info on it?

•••
How do you guys get around the .org whois restrictions? .org is the hardest to scan because of this.

•••
Dean26 said:
How do you guys get around the .org whois restrictions? .org is the hardest to scan because of this.
I created my scan to search through 4 names, wait 60 seconds, then scan the next four.
Faster ways are to use proxies or host your script on multiple IPs

•••
is it hard to make a scanner? would someone be able to help me out?

•••
Do you have a server or have PHP installed on your home computer?

•••
yes i have php. i also have dreamweaver... :-/

•••
ah, don't use dreamweaver. It will just mess you up.
How familiar are you with PHP?
There is a domain checker script on namepros somewhere, might need to search for it. Just modify that one for starters

•••
I'm running another scan now

•••
Thanks, Bobby! I've been wondering how many are left. :)

•••
Attached the list.
It appears that there are 1026 remaining

Attachments

• log.txt
    10 KB · Views: 52
•••
Looks like buyout could happen in less then a year. If it wasnt for slow economy perhaps even sooner. At what point during a buyout do people start going crazy and reging a lot very quickly, after about 95% is gone?

•••
so, any news for this NNNN.org buyout? at least tell me how much is left out there:D

•••
please be wary of buyouts ........example LLLL.com's

•••
LLLL.com is still good but there is no point to a NNNN.org buyout now as other buyouts are failing like NNNNN.com and CCC.net. Probably better to reg a NNNNN.com then a NNNN.org.

•••
CCC and LLLL buyouts fail because:

• There are WAY too many (46,565 and 456,976, respectively).
  • The vast majority are completely unmemorable (like 3j8 and vhqz, respectively)

NNNN buyouts have yet to fail, correct?

•••
ofclean said:
CCC and LLLL buyouts fail because:

• There are WAY too many (46,565 and 456,976, respectively).
  • The vast majority are completely unmemorable (like 3j8 and vhqz, respectively)

NNNN buyouts have yet to fail, correct?
LLLL.com wont fail because they actually get end user sales, NNNN.org will struggle. NNNN.com and NNNN.net are good but the problem is that numeric domains are very popular in China and com and net are both strong for china as well as .cn obviously but org isn't as strong (I am not from China but this is what I have heard and witnessed from my own experience, maybe someone Chinese can confirm). LLLL.com are a much stronger investment then NNNN.org.

•••
There are end-users for NNNN.orgs, as well; in fact, if you scan any random 100-domain range, you'll find at least two or three real websites; much less than 2% of the 456,976 LLLL.coms are non-parked, with some destined to never be used.

We'll just have to see, though. :)

•••
LLLL's offer the chance of an acronym

•••
•••
1006 on my scan just now.

•••
There are still free NNNN.org?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back