IT.COM

NNN .CH Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Seems like many of the NNN are registered. Are these valuable at all yet?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have about 6 good 4Ns.

Yes i love the extension

•••
The extension has great potentials.

My only issue with it is the inability to push btw same accounts.

•••
Just doing some reading and came across this interesting development that was announced in Nov. 2015. I didn't know about this. I wonder if this might ultimately lead to interest by Chinese in .ch extension?

China to Allow Direct Conversion Between Yuan and Swiss Franc
China took another step to boost the yuan’s global usage, saying it will start direct trading with the Swiss franc, as the nation pushes its case for reserve-currency status at the International Monetary Fund.

I really think it is just a short matter of time that Chinese begin looking at the swiss extension .ch

Here's a link to the full article.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...irect-conversion-between-yuan-and-swiss-franc

•••
a little more news...

"The free trade accords came into force on July 1, 2014. They’ve been in effect since then, even if not all the tariffs were immediately lowered. Following the conclusion of the technical negotiations in 2012, the Chinese sales market became much more interesting for our industry. A new tariff regime was on the horizon. This fuelled growth even before the agreement came into force.

The numbers for the first year are good. Switzerland’s global exports grew by 0.9%, and those to China rose by 2.3%. The free trade agreement is helping local companies protect jobs.

Swiss and Chinese authorities are working well together. If there’s something wrong, we can solve problems more efficiently. I hear how important this agreement is on a daily basis. We have an advantage over European competitors because they don’t have an agreement yet."

Full Article: http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/johann-schneider-ammann_swiss-president-looks-ahead-to-2016/41864596

•••
The extension has great potentials.

My only issue with it is the inability to push btw same accounts.

The issue only happen at Godaddy .. Not at other registrar such as Name/Namecheap/Moniker/... However, you may still contact GD to ask them transfer to another account holder on same GD .

•••
The issue only happen at Godaddy .. Not at other registrar such as Name/Namecheap/Moniker/... However, you may still contact GD to ask them transfer to another account holder on same GD .
Have you tried pushing from those registrars?

•••
@Joshdns, I have mine @ GD not other registrar.

•••
Recently I did get lot of hits from my NNNN.ch and NNN.ch .. FYI.

•••
•••
I have bought NNN.ch, LLL.ch and NNNN.ch, even NNNNN.ch, in the last month.

I tried to buy premium Chips with 8's, double or triple numbers, and for LLL tried to get some Chinese city codes. No 0 or 4, no a e i o u v. Short domains like this are what's driving the market in 2015 and at present, with .com getting highest prices, but other extensions have moved up in price too.

Chinese buyers want .com, .net, .org, .cn, .cc and have taken out short domains in .biz, .info, .co, .xyz, .top, .wang, .click and .link, maybe other extensions too. It is shown they will go to other extensions without reason that I can see other than they want short, quality number and letter combinations. The budgets and demand seem to be huge for domains. Just because I don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't real or isn't happening, doesn't mean it's a bubble or will all go away. No one knows what will happen. I think China is big enough, has a huge population, and lots of capital to throw at domains. More people from China and other countries are coming and will come into domain investing as awareness increases and internet grows. Europe and North America have been built up for internet longer than many other places in the world that are still expanding. There are only so many short quality domains to go around, and not everyone has the budget for an LLL.com or NNN.com

It is possible that Chinese buyers may get interested in .CH and other extensions that anyone are allowed to own (no restrictions). .CH is available at many common registrars (Godaddy, Namecheap, ...), has low reg fee, and also is a country code for a European country which may also be a source of sales. If you show anyone the letters CH and ask them to say which country is this, I bet many would associate CH with China, maybe Chile too... There are many examples of the domain extension being used for something other than it's original meaning, .CO, .ME, .NU, .IT, .LY. So why not .CH for China, or China H------. I saw a .CC used for a Chinese site where they used .CC to stand for China Companies. New gtlds are starting to get people to think that what is right of the dot has meaning just as much as what's left of the dot, slowly but surely over time.

A lot of speculative buying was done in December in .CH, you have to wait 60 days to be able to transfer, so in February/March you may start to see more active promotion of .CH in the aftermarket. Those of us who bought have a year to see what happens. Maybe nothing, maybe it will be good. It is speculation, but many of us see the possibility.

Look at LLLL.com and NNNNN.com over a year ago. From reg fee value to thousands.
The .cc used to be considered a joke extension, you could have regged all the LLL and NNN you wanted, and NN and LL would have been cheap in the aftermarket.
Look at LLL.xyz and NNN.xyz, who wish they didn't buy them during landrush now? At the time it would have seemed stupid.
LLL.co and NNNN.co could still be hand regged 6 months ago, now they are 10x to 30x or more the price.

So what if there are no examples of .CH sales to China now. If/when you do start seeing the sales happen, it will be too late to hand reg them and get them for reg fee. That is the whole point of buying them now, before the interest happens. Seeing what might happen in 2016 and acting on it now.

Like .CH, I've also done the same for .CZ, and a bit in .IO, .BZ and even a couple premium NNN.SH (Shanghai)!! If it doesn't work out it won't break me, having got in at ground floor.

After 2015 I don't understand how people can sit on the sidelines and not try to experiment or speculate a little in short domains, and then criticize others that do...

•••
I think .ch is more than speculation though. I wish I could take some credit for discovering something, but I only noticed some unique availability after the restrictions were removed.

There is no doubt that the .ch investments will outperform alot of my other domain investments. And make no mistake, as a little time goes on, you will see just how many other domainers invested in .ch long before we did.

•••
I do know some of folks holding NNN.ch / with some great NNNN.ch and when I asked them how much they are willing to sell .. Most of them said not even under $50 each because they consider as lowball but they still hold and wait for the right time.

•••
•••
I hope to create good connections at Namescon for .ch domains. I know together we have a good amount. I will be meeting as many investors as possible.

•••
I think that what happened to domains in 2015, the big increase in prices, the value increase in longer domains, the value in 'random' number and letter combinations, the value increase in some extensions that used to be considered inferior --- This has been too much for some people to comprehend and understand, so they say it doesn't make sense, it is a bubble, it will all go away... that is how they can deal with it.

That is the only way it makes sense to them. It is too hard for them to accept that things 'maybe' have changed for good, maybe this is the new reality, and that they missed out on the big wave of money they didn't see coming at all. It would have been the easiest money to make in domaining ever for anyone who saw it coming and acted on it. Most of us didn't see it coming.

I am not saying it is or isn't a bubble. I don't know. But I see the change that happened last year and I see it going on right now, and some choose to jump in and participate, and some sit and do nothing and wait for a bubble that might never pop.

•••
If I could trade my .online, .one, .click, .club, .xyz, .me, .biz, .rocks for .ch I would do it in a heartbeat. It's just the more reading I do, I feel much more confident about my ccTLD domains.

•••
If I could trade my .online, .one, .click, .club, .xyz, .me, .biz, .rocks for .ch I would do it in a heartbeat. It's just the more reading I do, I feel much more confident about my ccTLD domains.

Trust me, we won't see any much drop NNN available for the next at least two renewal period.

If it's bubble, it will bubble for entire ccTLD and gTLD as well so nothing to worry :) Cheers!

•••
**Some helpful information guys**

For those purchasing .CH domains which are at registrars such as GoDaddy (who are not allowing the domains to be pushed between accounts), there is no charge to transfer these domains (with use of an auth code) across to Hexonet.net (I transferred two .CH domains to them yesterday). To my knowledge, Hexonet also allows .CH domains to be pushed between accounts. Some registrars restrict you from manually editing the 'Contact Info' for the domain and require you to create a Support Ticket and wait for this to be done by the registrar.

•••
I hope Namecheap also offer such free transfer for .CH becoz after Godaddy most people use NAmecheap

•••
•••
I've added a few more .ch. Here's what NNN.ch I now have:

011.ch
391.ch
644.ch
691.ch
692.ch
693.ch
774.ch
835.ch
836.ch
874.ch
884.ch

If you own NNN.ch domains, you can list them here on this thread.

•••
Those of us who started buying .ch in December are almost at the end of the 60 day transfer hold period. Might start to see some sales threads here for .CH

•••
•••
Hopefully there is interest! The .co has really picked up lately, so demand is there even outside .com domains

•••
Yes. I put a 4L .co on this morning with a $***** start and a $***** BIN and it got snatched up within 10 minutes.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back