NameSilo

.ninja is lame

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Got an e-mail today to pre-reg my .ninja. Here's an excerpt:

You're a force of nature with control over the elements, a grandmaster at gaming, a champion of cooking, a warrior of words, a master of martial arts. Basically, you're an expert in your field possessing special skills and wearing a mask. Here's some ideas to inspire you: heavymetal.ninja, knitting.ninja, slicingdicing.ninja, pingding.ninja, ghosthunting.ninja, sheepshearing.ninja, koffee.ninja.

As a new domain extension almost everything is currently available, so the only limit is your imagination. But don't wait too long, as we think this domain name is going to be huge.

Who said domain names can't be fun?

Yes, domain names can be fun, or at least worth a hearty laugh. I just about wet myself :laugh: sheepshearing.ninja :lala:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's a funny marketing ... "grandmaster at gaming" LOL

•••
Omigosh. I just realized what eNom's .ninja promo (see their main page) reminds me of.

"I Duddits!" from Stephen King's Dreamcatcher. :lol:

"...and wearing a mask." WTF !?!?!?!?

•••
Another dead extension that many will lose money on IMO.. An individual/company actually paid almost $200k or whatever it costs to start this? lol

•••
ninjaguru dot com & guruninja dot com both taken. Drat!

nineinch.ninja
ginger.ninja

•••
An individual/company actually paid almost $200k or whatever it costs to start this? lol
Waiting for domainers to bail them out :) It can be done :)

•••
I giggled when I heard of this extension. It's funny.

Of course, I had no doubts 'domain.ninja' was going to be taken asap. LOL

•••
They should advertise "If your domain is taken in dot guru give dot ninja a try"

I just about wet myself :laugh: sheepshearing.ninja :lala:

The stupid regs are what they need the most, so it's only natural they tout things like sheepshearing.ninja. The 'good' dot ninjas will be regged without campaigning.

Shouldn't this be in the hater thread? lol

•••
•••
They should advertise "If your domain is taken in dot guru give dot ninja a try"

The stupid regs are what they need the most, so it's only natural they tout things like sheepshearing.ninja. The 'good' dot ninjas will be regged without campaigning.

Shouldn't this be in the hater thread? lol

I don't hate it at all, it's a comedy I find hilarious that was just the laugh I needed while wrapping up taxes. In fact this one is so bizarre as to possibly be more memorable than many of the others, so maybe a thread title shift could be 'less lame'

---------- Post added at 10:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

dude! ninjaguru.pro

Or should that be proninja.guru, ninjapro.guru...the defense reg list will get long lol

•••

MyPurseIsClosedTo.ninja

•••
NIC.ninja? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' NIC! Lets do dotninja.co instead!!!! NO, not the .com! We're reppin' .CO to the max! :)

•••
Why is the Enom ninja dude stabbed in the back lol

knife.jpg

•••
•••
Why is the Enom ninja dude stabbed in the back lol
Because he's Rain Man's brother and his neurons are impervious to knives and other bad things like RPGs.

•••
Any .ninja's?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmXuaxcpJkw[/youtube]

•••
i think .ninja may do ok, at least enough reg's to survive... it's a fun name, it flows better than names like .sexy...

•••
i think .ninja may do ok, at least enough reg's to survive... it's a fun name, it flows better than names like .sexy...

How many names does an extension need to survive? [ball park]

•••
How many names does an extension need to survive? [ball park]

ok i crunched the numbers it will be years before .ninja is making a profit. Unless it is one smart guy doing all the work, but i doubt it.

Donuts has a better business plan spreading the costs imo. It takes $ to make $.

•••
ninjaguru dot com & guruninja dot com both taken. Drat!

nineinch.ninja
ginger.ninja
Did you try:

ninja.guru & guru.ninja

•••
i can confirm that Grasshopper.Ninja is available for pre-reg

•••
.ninja lame? It's pretty cool in my book. I'm all for unconventional marketing

•••
.ninja lame? It's pretty cool in my book. I'm all for unconventional marketing

It's only cool if you own a dojo or want to become an assassin

•••
That videos was great NS I could not stop laughing and the storm trooper at the end, great stuff.

These niche extensions that serve no business or hobby or philanthropic purpose have to realize they have a short window. It comes down to new and old. Some gurus will become ninjas no doubt and then down the road they will be some other novelty name. It is hard to identify with being a ninja unless you are a real ninja and something tells me they are not getting emails from Enom.

•••
Ninja!

My only experience with a ninja (Mutant Ninja Turtle on the half shell):

TurtleBowlWithCereal3.jpg

Mutant Ninja Cereal Bowl! (1990)

TurtleBowlNOCereal5.jpg

Mmmm...all gone...​

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back