Domain Empire

NHL (National Hockey League) Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I think that sports is a great metaphor for business. But especially the NHL. With the best of 7 format in the post-season it is a game of speed, endurance, skill, and mental fitness. The best teams improve as the post-season progresses and prove they want the Cup the most.

In the 2018/2019 season the Tampa Bay Lightning were the team with the record-tying most wins in a season. They were very impressive, said to have "no weaknesses and a lot of star power". Yet they were beaten in 4 straight games in the first round of the post-season by a wildcard team that barely qualified. Ouch.

Who do you think will be in the Stanley Cup final in 2019?

From what I've seen so far, my prediction is it will be Dallas Stars v Carolina Hurricanes.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Should be two good games tonight..figuring Boston and Colorado for the win

Okay here my predictions Boston 4 to 3
Colorado 3 to 2

Even really putting myself on the limb..both games in overtime
Was right about Boston winning..wrong about the scores..wrong about overtime.

Now to watch and hope my Colorado preduction right

•••
On now:

Colorado Avalanche v San Jose Sharks

San Jose leads 3 games to 2. Colorado facing elimination.

•••
Was right about Boston winning..wrong about the scores..wrong about overtime.

Now to watch and hope my Colorado preduction right

Tuukka Rask won the game for Boston. CBJ’s played better. Sad to see them eliminated. The puck didn’t go in for them. But there can only be one winner.

PS: John Tortallela is an awesome coach. You had to listen to this post-game press conference. He did an excellent job lifting CBJ’s to a competitive post-season level.

Last edited:
•••
Who do you think will win the Eastern Conference final:

Boston Bruins or Carolina Hurricanes?

•••
Colorado stays alive and forces game 7. Wow.

•••
Will try to forgive someone for picking the freaking team named after a color!!

GO DALLAS STARS!!!!!

Oh, BOSTON BRUINS....

•••
On now:

St. Louis Blues v Dallas Stars

Series is tied 3-3. Final game 7.

•••
Even though I watched Joe Thornton play OHL for my local team and did great for them and had a awesome NHL career so far..
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Thornton
On a emotional level want San Jose to win tonight..but predicting a Colorado win..

(For comic relief, my score predictions have been wrong Colorado 3-2..and in overtime)

Should be a good game..

•••
Okay, hockey season is over for me.
Try again next season.

•••
On now:

San Jose Sharks v Colorado Avalanche

Series is tied 3-3. Final game 7.

•••
Okay, hockey season is over for me.
Try again next season.

If you like hockey, I think you enjoy the post season even more when your team is not in it. No stress, no anxiety, just pure enjoyment. I know I do. Although I would take the stress and anxiety if my team was playing. Lol.

•••
Boston versus Carolina..game starting as of this posting! Predicting Boston win!

•••
I predict it will be a Carolina win. But I've been wrong before, many times.

•••
Don Cherry and his suits...lol

•••
Don Cherry and his suits...lol

I watch the games on NHL TV and in delay so I can breeze through the commercials and stoppages in play. Unfortunately all the games are from US broadcasts. Miss the Coaches Corner. I can confidently say that Canada has the best coverage of the NHL.

Last edited:
•••
I watch the games on NHL TV and in delay so I can breeze through the commercials and stoppages in play. Unfortunately all the games are from US broadcasts. Miss the Coaches Corner. I can confidently say that Canada has the best coverage of the NHL.
Too bad, you missed last night coaches corner, Don Cherry brought up your point about the gate/door, made some valid points about their location, safety factors, players on bench not paying attention, no consistency in location among arenas..

Thinking/predicting that the Blues may have the better goalie but the "Sharks" will take game one...

No matter how many hockey games that I watch, still love 4/5/6 years old play..

•••
I am not in Canada right now, so no access to CBC. If anyone can get CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada, I whole-heartedly recommend their NHL broadcast. They are hands down the ultimate hockey coverage, now limited to Saturday nights. Although Sportsnet.ca is a close second now that they have purchased many rights from CBC and share programming.

I always cheer for the underdog. If Carolina continues to improve they may go all the way. As long as the refs don’t get in the way.

•••
On now:

St. Louis Blues v San Jose Sharks

Western Conference Final Game 1.

•••
As of this posting..1-0 for San Jose..

•••
As of this posting..1-0 for San Jose..

Just saw the goal on my delayed coverage. San Jose has started much stronger than St. Louis. But still very early.

•••
St. Louis seems to have started to play in the last few minutes of the 1st period. They need to continue that in period 2 if they want a chance at winning. San Jose is playing with a lot of confidence.

@briguy, if Don Cherry is on, please post some highlights from the Coach's Corner.
Took a washroom break missed it but you might find this interesting..

Note that the suit that I was referring too earlier..guess what team he is going for in that series

Last edited:
•••
Took a washroom break missed it but you might find this interesting..

Note that the suit that I was referring too earlier..guess what team he is going for in that series

Well, he was the coach of Boston in the 70s. That tenure made him famous. I believe his first favorite team is the Toronto Maple Leafs. But when they're out and Boston is in, then that's his team.

Last edited:
•••
What an amazing goal by Meier of San Jose. 4-2 SJ leads. So far St. Louis does not look like the same team as in the previous series.

Last edited:
•••
Game seems to be one sided..surprised they kept Billington (St Louis Star goalie) in (as of this posting)

San Jose take game 1 6-3. St Louis had its moments but were very inconsistent most of the game. If they can improve the next game, should be a very dramatic series.

•••
Game 2 between Boston and Carolina has started...
Predicting a Carolina win..

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back