NameSilo

new gtlds Next round of new gTLDs, maybe 2020.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mad409

Always thinking outside the box!Top Member
Impact
It's time for a break IMO, to digest all the new releases.

This was in the news today, not sure if it was reported at NP elsewhere;

World Summit on the Information Society

“Everyone keeps asking me when the next round will be. The timeline is drifting towards the end of 2017 for all the reviews to happen but the PDPs could take longer, and based on all of that there will be input and recommendations to the board. Depending on what recommendations we get, this will dictate the amount of work we have to do to prepare for the next round. In my view, it will be tough to see the next round opening up before a 2018-2019 timeframe. That is optimistic. Depending on the changes needed from this round to next, the work could take us into 2020 before we can open the next round.”

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Cap.gg loves to have a rest

•••
Wait.. I'm confused. Who said that quote?

There seems to be a trickle of new releases set throughout 2016. So what "next round" are we talking about here?

•••
•••
They are taking a break from producing vast of newTDN? 2020 is not long; that's only 3years and a half long short. ..

•••
Round, round and go around; round can be modify as a shape of a circle. Circle can be modify as a Zero shape; CircleZero.round that's the next round :)

•••
They do in fact suggest that there may not be a round two, that would be fine with me as I think enough has been released to date. @ZapNano, you're correct round might equal zero once all the approved applications have been finally launched. It might be the end for new applications, at least for many years to come...

•••
They do in fact suggest that there may not be a round two, that would be fine with me as I think enough has been released to date. @ZapNano, you're correct round might equal zero once all the approved applications have been finally launched. It might be the end, at least for many years to come...
My God; I am 100% agree that they need to let things mellow down..and let current newTDN breath freely. And don't think about producing another newTDN for at least 10years or so...

•••
•••
My God; I am 100% agree that they need to let things mellow down..and let current newTDN breath freely. And don't think about producing another newTDN for at least 10years or so...
Agree, maybe around 2025 think of producing new gTLDs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back