NameSilo

Newcomer here !

Located in ☆ Networking - Meet and Greet started by Arpenteur, Nov 1, 2018.

Replies:
Views:

1. Arpenteur

Arpenteur New Member

Hi everybody ,

I’m completely new to domains but willing to learn about those, actually I spent the last week reading about those. I came here after reading good comments about NP elsewhere and I don’t regret !

It is full of informations and is really useful for newbies like me.

Concerning myself, I’m French so I hope you’ll excuse the odd mistakes I may do.

I’m very curious and this is what pushed me into learning more about those, not really the search of money (even though if I can make money out of this it is cool).

I haven’t bought a domain yet, I’ve read enough about the beginner’s mistakes of buying too many domains at the start of the journey, but I do have ideas about domains to hand-reg.

To be honest I don’t understand everything for the moment, but I’m looking forward to learn more thanks to this forum !

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. maxtra

maxtra Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

3. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Active Member VIP

Hello and welcome to nps! Spend some time reading posts and threads here...lots of info.

4. BullDomains

BullDomains Upgraded Member Gold Account VIP

5. Domaining Ocean

Domaining Ocean Member VIP

6. WeSell-Domains

WeSell-Domains Active Member VIP

7. blank

blank Established Member

8. Danish Harjiani

Danish Harjiani Established Member

9. WatchDogue

WatchDogue Active Member VIP

10. Ategy.com

Ategy.com NameCult.com Gold Account VIP

Bonjours @Arpenteur .. et bienvenue a NamePros! :)

Taking your time definitely is the best way to go .. particularly if English is not your first language. The French domain market isn't that great .. I have a small handful of very good ones .. haven't sold any yet though.

Bonne chance! :)

11. Arpenteur

Arpenteur New Member

Thanks everybody !
    Oh, that's a pity about the French market, but I can handreg double entendres or other cool domains that non-French wouldn't have thought of, so it can be an advantage too ;)
    I just checked your list of expiring domains and I was wondering, do you have a kind of bot that scans the whole list everyday and finds many 'gold nuggets' or is this just a bunch of cool domains for which you're not interested ?
    What I mean is, if I go through the list of expired domains, do I have a chance of finding an interesting domain with a cheap bid or if I find some it means that they've been avoided by others for a specific purpose (trademarks, blacklist or simply just because it is a bad domain). ?

12. Ategy.com

Ategy.com NameCult.com Gold Account VIP

No .. I don't use a bot.

Every day there are about 50,000 domains going to expiration auction at GoDaddy Auctions. I obviously don't check all of them, but I do have my personalised system and go through several thousand per day .. I go through them manually (one by one .. although I've gotten quick at it .. lol). I doubt there is any domainer that goes through more names manually than I do.

When you go through the list manually you find names that other people don't find. Either because the bots miss things .. or simply because people don't physically go through as many names as I do.

My portfolio is already way too big for me to manage efficiently (I have almost 2000 domains and actually want to go down to about 1000), so I am very picky about any new domains I buy. But I still go through the lists. What you see each day is pretty much all the names I found minus about 5 to 10 per day that I still consider buying. It depends though .. some days are even less.

I figure that I go through the lists either way .. might as well share the results ... I definitely am planning to start wholesaling domains, so my site and lists will help advertise that eventually as well. There is some affiliate revenue .. but really not enough to justify my time if I wasn't going through the lists already anyhow.

You definitely can find some good domains if you go through the lists yourself. But you have to go deep into the lists with less obvious filters if you want to find good domains that hopefully don't go to costly.

13. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

14. Sulabh Sharma

Sulabh Sharma Active Member VIP

15. DnFolk

DnFolk Active Member VIP

16. bojan1

bojan1 Established Member

17. Mohammad

Mohammad Established Member

18. domains21

domains21 Established Member

19. Arpenteur

Arpenteur New Member

One question I have ( aside the fact that I don't know where to ask little questions like this one) is how do I see at what price did a domain got sold on an auction at GoDaddy's ?
    For example, I was following the auction of 'wikicash.com' today that seemed to be an interesting domain but now that it is expired how can I see at what price it has sold?
    I tried to check on NameBio but it isn't written yet.
    Thanks for answering,
    Arpenteur

20. Bertrell

Bertrell Cryp Cryptofferson Gold Account

21. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

22. AuctionBio

AuctionBio Active Member VIP

welcome to nP, and have a nice journey.....

23. AIS01

AIS01 domainer VIP

Super Welcome To nP...:)

24. rubencouto

rubencouto DN Front VIP

25. internext

internext DNFS.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!