Domain Empire

advice Newby here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sascha Phelps

Established Member
Impact
hi,
I'm really new to domaining, looking for any advice or tips that you guys might have for me. I understand this isn't something where i can make money right of the bat. right now Im mostly trying to learn on how to find valuable domain names and what to research before buying them. I would appreciate any advice and help you guys might have for me.

thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome newby (Sascha)!

Glad you joined. I look forward to helping you as you grow!

Best of luck domaining!

•••
Welcome to namepro, all you need to become a pro is in here. You just need to read and ask questions.

•••
Welcome.. Visit Domain for Beginners Section and make it your home.

•••
Hello and welcome to nps! Use the search function...lots of info here that is helpful.

•••
g'day & welcome to Namepros

Cheers
Corey

•••
Hello Sascha and welcome to NamePros. Best advice for beginners: Read a lot, buy slowly, and be patient.

As you read through the threads here, you'll see there are many different strategies for buying and selling. You can experiment with both and see what works best for you.

Good luck in your new venture!

•••
Hello!

Suggest you determine what your reasonable domain name goals are, what niche if any appeals to you and, search out and read the threads and posts pertinent to your interests. That might provide some valuable insights and opinions that may prove helpful as you pursue your domain endeavors.

Welcome to NamePros!

•••
Welcome to NamePros. This is a fantastic community with so much collective knowledge and insights on the world of domain investing, and many are eager to freely share their expertise.

this isn't something where i can make money right of the bat
Glad your realize that from the start. If you make good acquisition choices, get them effectively listed, and perhaps do more, you can improve your chances, but typically the sell-through rate is of the order of 1%, meaning that in any one year your chances of any particular name selling is about 1 in 100. That is also why retail prices need to be much higher than acquisition costs in order to make your domain activity profitable overall.

A few months ago I put together a list of some of the better resources on NamePros for starting out in domain investing, and you may find that a helpful starting place.

Thanks for joining NamePros, and I wish you every success.

Bob

•••
•••
Thanks everyone for the all the advice and welcoming.

•••
•••
Thanks for your contributions to the community, i am new here

•••
•••
hi,
I'm really new to domaining, looking for any advice or tips that you guys might have for me. I understand this isn't something where i can make money right of the bat. right now Im mostly trying to learn on how to find valuable domain names and what to research before buying them. I would appreciate any advice and help you guys might have for me.

thank you

Hi there -- some great tips of advice for beginners.

I would stay in .COM until you get comfortable branching out into other extensions after conducting marketplace trend analysis. Look quickly and look often to notice market patterns in other extensions if you do decide that branching out later in your industry experience.

I strongly recommend your first year in domaining -- you should stay in .COM/.NET if you must make a different extension happen.

Another thing you need to realize is that the additional payments you can make to companies to host your listing for sale ultimately do not see end-users. They see random users.

Exercise caution and good judgment when you are spending money to "upgrade your listing for more visibility" if you do decide on a Domain Marketplace -- I am not saying these services are a [trap] but unless you have a category killer name that is absolutely stellar in multiple markets, please refrain from spending the XX-XXX to advertise it strictly on your auctions.

Set your name up for sale on a lander immediately, any new acquisitions must see any future traffic to a sales page. Do not wait on this. Time is money.

Also -- if you are unsure of domain pricing, wait until an offer or two comes in before you add a BIN. This will help gauge customer interest and competitive market interests.

Please consult:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/popular-beginner-resources.844937/

For any more beginner advice -- if you have questions over jargon or do not understand the source material, feel free to update this thread at any time. A lot of the Pros here will be happy to provide valuable insights and input to your queries.

Cheers.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back