Dynadot

question Newbie Questions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

maya-zir

Top Member
Impact
Could somebody, please, give me some advice related to domain parking?
I was searching here and there but all I could find was about how to increase traffic to domain.
But I need to begin from zero, I need find the right domain for parking.
I dont talk now about its price, I just want to know what I have to check to be sure the domain would be right for parking?

Maybe I am wrong, but there are 2 kind of right domains:

1. typo domains
2. domains with a lot of backlinks sources

So my question are:

1. How much backlink sources should have the domain?
2. Min monthly traffic?

For example, if I search the right domain on GD auctions or close out, what I have to check?

Traffic?
Majestic external backlinks?
Number backlinks from differents domains?
Global exact mothly search?

What tools could you recommend for all these researches?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't know anything about parking myself, but my guess is that skilled domain parkers aren't interested in sharing their tricks of the trade. Doing so would only mean more competition for them in a market that (as I understand) is becoming increasingly difficult.

It seems that anyone who does well parking, only does so because they spent a lot of time and money figuring out what works.

No easy answers. If you're committed to learning, I think you just have to plug away at it.

•••
I know
I don't know anything about parking myself, but my guess is that skilled domain parkers aren't interested in sharing their tricks of the trade. Doing so would only mean more competition for them in a market that (as I understand) is becoming increasingly difficult.
It seems that anyone who does well parking, only does so because they spent a lot of time and money figuring out what works.
No easy answers. If you're committed to learning, I think you just have to plug away at it.
I understand, thats why I asked if somebody could help..
Anyway I decided to try at my own risk, I just hand-reg AutoInsuranceNewHampshire.com and will try it in differents platforms.
CPC: $23+ and Monthly search: 250+
If it will not work, I will make more research for another domain.

•••
Now I just need to know what is tier 2 domains.
As I understand Domain.co.uk is a tier 2 domain? Or I am wrong?

•••
I know

I understand, thats why I asked if somebody could help..
Anyway I decided to try at my own risk, I just hand-reg AutoInsuranceNewHampshire.com and will try it in differents platforms.
CPC: $23+ and Monthly search: 250+
If it will not work, I will make more research for another domain.

I know, and I think you're unlikely to get the help you want. :) Most domainers on the forum are wonderful and encouraging, and have great general advice about investment. But very few of them (if any) will provide you with the shortcuts to make fast money, when it took them years of hard work to figure it out.

I believe the key to finding good parking domains is knowing how to find names that had pre-existing sites with a lot of traffic. So unless that auto insurance name had an active site, the CPC and search volume will not be enough to get you any clicks.

The alternative would be a great typo, but most of those are probably gone, and with those you run the risk of facing legal action from the owner of the real site.

•••
I will try with high CPC and 250+ monthly search domain (AutoInsuranceNewHampshire).
If I see I have no results, I will try another domain focusing on backlinks.
Then will also try typo.

I dont see another way to find out how does it work

Last edited:
•••
I will try with high CPC and 250+ monthly search domain (AutoInsuranceNewHampshire).
If I see I have no results, I will try another domain focusing on backlinks.
Then will also try typo.

I dont see another way to find out how does it work

Trial and error. I think that's the way to do it. Good luck! You should update us on your findings (if you don't mind sharing).

•••
•••
Now I just need to know what is tier 2 domains.
As I understand Domain.co.uk is a tier 2 domain? Or I am wrong?
Generally known as "Second-level domain" They are great for "geo traffic"..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second-level_domain

Other sites, (affiliate marketing generally)
Tier 1 is usually traffic from the USA, UK, Canada
For Tier 2 western Europe
For Tier 3 most other countries.

•••
So I parked this domain at ParkingCrew.com

AutoInsuranceNewHampshire.com

Average CPC: $23.64 USD
Average Monthly Searches: 262

Ok, not something special, but I will try to find a few more domains with more monthly traffic.

Also if after 1 month I see no income, I want to try to build a simple website and buy 50-100 New Hampshire auto insurance related articles and try it with adsense or similar.

•••
Not that it's ever bad to experiment, but I wonder if your time could be better spent elsewhere?

You might be getting bogged down in the high CPC of the term, but you're ignoring all the negatives of the name:
  • Low population state, so limited audience
  • High competition industry, so hard to stand out or even be relevant
  • Very long-tail keyword name, and in the wrong order, so low trust value from people who might click
I think you might be better off finding a shorter exact match name with much less industry competition, and a narrow but higher conversion niche audience.

•••
Short domains worth at least mid XXX and if they have traffic then XXXX

•••
I just mean two or three words, 16 characters or less.

You can usually find something interesting on GD closeouts if you're patient. Look for stuff that defines a service or product.

Recently I got names like CustomMapDesign and OrnamentStorage there. CPC will be way lower of course, but the terms get decent volume, and you'll have way less competition for traffic. Plus you can't beat the authority of an exact match name!

•••
I just mean two or three words, 16 characters or less.

You can usually find something interesting on GD closeouts if you're patient. Look for stuff that defines a service or product.

Recently I got names like CustomMapDesign and OrnamentStorage there. CPC will be way lower of course, but the terms get decent volume, and you'll have way less competition for traffic. Plus you can't beat the authority of an exact match name!
But the first domain has low CPC and low monthly search.
The second one has 1,5k mothly searches but CPC is still low.
I think that better try high CPC even if it has low traffic, because I could improve traffic but cant make CPC more profitable.

•••
Well CPC is only important if you're parking the name and getting clicks... or if you're using it as leverage to make a sale.

You're talking about building out a basic site. So what would the goal be to monetize any new traffic? Parking would only make the traffic disappear since the site would no longer have content.

•••
But I still dont understand how to chose the right domain for parking, so I buy and reg at my own risk.
So I could try this domain a few weeks and if there is no income, I will search for another domain...
So, what could I do with this domain? Build a basic website, add content, gather all related topics, order 50 seo-optimizated articles and use this site with adsense...

•••
I imagine some other members would be able to provide a better answer on how to monetize, and whether or not this site/niche is a good choice. But if you can get some traffic, then it could at least make an attractive purchase for an insurance agency.

•••
I dont see here any advicer, so I will try and update here my experience

•••
OK. I will try - but you are not going to get to the level of "research" you are trying the get at with free versions of (most tools) out there. OK. Estibot - you only care about the exact match monthly. That is an indicator, check it.

Next - is the name indexed? could have a million back-links and if its not indexed - no traffic.

Next - related to the last, is is penalized? blacklist etc. If it is no traffic - regardless of back-links you see.

Are you using Archive to review the history? Maybe the last owner made a very questionable adult site of it - but just hasn't been hit by the big G yet. Traffic would immediately stop if a penalty hit and you wont be able to correct it easily.

200, 2000, even 20,000 "visits" isn't going to equate (typically) to significant parking rev. You need big volume movers and popular search terms - remember Google search works different these days and old typo type tactics are not very useful.

But then there is much more digging and looking into for a meaningful evaluation.

What are you currently using as you evaluation tools? That may be helpful to provide some more feedback.

Last edited:
•••
Recently i acquired a domain trendingRight.com and listed on afternic and when i check after 3 days than domain received total traffic of 250 than i instantly move to bodis.com and there average traffic is 25.
Domain Da: 26 and Pa: 32 and
Root domain: 8
Total link: 186
But i don't know how can i increase the traffic

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back