NEW TO THIS SITE AND THIS GAME

Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Trafford

Established Member
Impact
Hi all, I am new to this area of business, and just wanted to say Hi.
I have about 150 dot coms that I have registered over the last few months. I am developing websites sites for many of them, but the rest I just point at my main website, where I am hoping to sell directly.

The main question I wanted to ask do any of the domain valuation sites like $iteprice etc give any real idea of what a site might be worth?

Like all things the true value of anything is what someone else is prepared to pay for it so I am not sure. Which valuations do you 'value'?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Hey man, welcome. I'm a noob too so a lot of your questions I'm not 100% on but developing your own domains is a good idea to add value to them.

•••
•••
Hi fliporium, Saw your stuff tweeted it out!
I have two programmers and a graphic designer working for me so adding websites it is not an inexpensive option :) .

•••
•••
Welcome to NamePros

Don't buy domains based on automatic appraisals.

Buy domains based on quality, age, and brand ability.

•••
•••
•••
Hello and Welcome to the forum!

•••
Hello Paul :) Welcome to Namepros!

•••
Hi, welcome to the forum..

Looking for an appraisals from appraisal tools is not good. Those website only are automatic appraisal that show you value of domain based on searches volume,pr and other metrics.

•••
Hi, welcome to the forum..

Looking for an appraisals from appraisal tools is not good. Those website only are automatic appraisal that show you value of domain based on searches volume,pr and other metrics.

•••
Hi fliporium, Saw your stuff tweeted it out!
I have two programmers and a graphic designer working for me so adding websites it is not an inexpensive option :) .

I am always open to 50/50 JVs :)

Edit:

or 33/33/33 or 25/25/25/25 ... etc

•••
Thanks all - I sort of figured that valuations from metrics is a lost cause. Is peer review any better like on Flippa any better or should it just believe it and see!B-):lookaround:. like I said before I have a stong feeling that name is worth what someone else will pay for it,and if two other people want it all the better!

•••
Keep in touch Fliporium. You never know we may be able to do something

•••
Thanks all - I sort of figured that valuations from metrics is a lost cause. Is peer review any better like on Flippa any better or should it just believe it and see!B-):lookaround:. like I said before I have a stong feeling that name is worth what someone else will pay for it,and if two other people want it all the better!

True, but some metrics like google trends is your friend. Follow latest technologies and watch their trending popularity in search is really quite helpful.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back