Dynadot

question New to Auctions. Help

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

iecomguy

Established Member
Impact
First time wanting to get a domain from GoDaddy auction & trying to understand how this works.

A domain is in auction and the auction is about to expire 5 days and 10 hours from now and the price is $50 and its written "Reserve not met" with one bid only.

Wondering why this domain has only one bids now OR people are just waiting to jump in and bid at the last moment ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wondering why this domain has only one bids now OR people are just waiting to jump in and bid at the last moment ?
it could be just a bad name ? without knowing the name it is hard to tell

•••
It's not. If I bid $51 and no one bids above me in these 5 days, it will automatically be transferred to me?

•••
•••
As far as I know if the auction has a reserve its a private listing and not an expiring name. Expiring auctions usually have no reserve.
If you bid 51 and the reserve is still not met the domain doesn't sell.
A lot of bidders wait until the last minutes of an auction but GD has a anti-snipe system of resetting the end time to 5 mins if the is a bid within the last 5 mins of the auction.
I'd wait until the last ten mins and bid the top amount I'm willing to pay and hope it makes the reserve.

Been a while since I used GD auctions so thinks might be different to how I remember it.

Last edited:
•••
As far as I know if the auction has a reserve its a private listing and not an expiring name. Expiring auctions usually have no reserve.
If you bid 51 and the reserve is still not met the domain doesn't sell.
A lot of bidders wait until the last minutes of an auction but GD has a anti-snipe system of resetting the end time to 5 mins if the is a bid within the last 5 mins of the auction.
I'd wait until the last ten mins and bid the top amount I'm willing to pay and hope it makes the reserve.

Been a while since I used GD auctions so thinks might be different to how I remember it.
Any way to see the "reserved" amount ? It just shows "reserve not met" in red.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think you can. Some marketplaces tell you the exact reserve, some show the reserve range but I believe GD doesn't show it at all. I'm sure another member will correct me if I'm wrong.

•••
if its cheap it is not necessary a bad name. i set $50 bin on Afternic for domains which i will not renew.. around 150 dot com domains.. just a liquidation strategy.

•••
Newbies shouldnt jump “new to auctions”

Be careful getting caught in the emotion of it

many (especially expired)they bid up like crazy

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back