Dynadot

discuss New TLDs are still hard to sell compared to .com domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

killshotroxs

Established Member
Impact
Any reason behind this?

or is it solely because of existing traffic behind the old domain and maybe some SEO?

Why are people not interested in new TLDs?

Just curious.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Live where? I'm getting Server Not Found - Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site for brand.solar. Which is a horrible name btw.

-----------------
Any time I see a site on a new gltd, the only thing I think of is, they couldn't get the .com they really wanted. New gtlds are something people settle for when they can't get what they really wanted.

.com
.org
country codes

Solid ones

I think the .ai extension might be breaking the rules as I've found many instances of people using it without even worrying about securing the respective .coms.

Sites like Scalpel.ai and Speechly.ai are examples of this.

I own Word+Ai.com of these.

In the case of .ing, I personally like it a lot and have regged some nice combos/hacks like SuperHost (.) ing, ProMarket (.) ing, QuickLearn (.) ing, etc.

The reason behind these regs is that the extension is only 3L, it looks nice and clean, and the "hacks" work very nicely (if well picked).

For instance, I think SuperHost (.) ing is better than SuperHosting in any other non .com extension, but that's just my personal opinion of course.

Last edited:
•••
The funny thing is that .net and .org were valuable because they were limited .com-alternatives. But now when the market is supersaturated with .com-alternatives, there's no want (and no need) to pay for them.
While I like what you say, since I have mostly .com's ... with respect, how firm do you hold this belief?

So many names selling have the .nets and .org's engulfed. . . especially higher dollar amounts.

Can't recall the particular DNW podcast but there's one that calls some of this out. Whether it was prudent may be a another story.

Last edited:
•••
I don't believe new TLDs are hard to sell.

Everyone has a different opinion, depending on which data they analyze.
In reality, no one delves deep enough into analysis to arrive at a valid conclusion.
We all see the sales of .com domains, which are significantly higher than all others combined.
But what would be correct, is to compare this with the capital invested in .com domains, compared to all other TLDs.

An other approach would be to search what you could buy right now in .com compared with other TLDs.
With $100 you can register 10 very bad com domains, or buy the worst LLLL .com, that will never sell.
Alternatively, you could register around 30 very good 1 word NTLDs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back