IT.COM

New site and AdSense

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all, thanks in advance. I have a new website which I added to my existing adsense account. It has about 5 pages and 8-9 posts. It's been over a week and it is still showing blank space where the ads should go. Have G changed its policy - it used to be when I added a website to my existing account ads would show up almost immediately.
Are they now reviewing sites even if I have an account?

p.s. The site shows as "active" in my adsense dashboard and I have received no notifications. It is far from any prohibited material,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Adsense does that from time to time. Check the ad code is correct and that you have no ad blocker enabled. Make sure you do not have adsense blocked in yoru host file pointing to 127.0.0.1. Try accessing it from another device sometimes have good results.

If you block cookies etc. sometimes less adverts will show up. If you block plugins such as flash (perhaps its removed at router or proxy level) and your browser doesn't show any warning about this or message, it might be a flash ad blocked.

No adverts showing is a common thing for new websites. Just need to hope it will show in time. Make sure adsense is reporting page impressions!!!

A lack of content could be a possible reason - so could blocking advert categories on adsense settings - also don't forget interest based adverts can be a significant chunk of adverts displayed... this wont work if you have opted out as a web user or clear cookies often... it should default to contextual but even Google isn't perfect.

•••
Oh, I forgot to add... make sure you haven't blocked the adsense bot and that you have a link to a privacy policy on the bottom of each page.

•••
Thanks very much. I've done all but the privacy policy thing. I'll wait another week or two and then I might contact them.

•••
Its part of their ToS/T&Cs

Get a privacy policy made with an online generator. FREE and easy.

Its just a tick box exercise but could be the difference between monetizing a website and Google deciding to cancel your account and lose you a month or so of pending revenue. Its normally something they only check when you first signup for the initial website... but if someone reported you (someone who hates you, or a competitor etc ...) they might do all they can to prevent you getting paid.

Sometimes they will send you a message to complain about your non-compliance threatening account suspension... but on a lot of forums its obvious that not everyone is so lucky.

•••
Turned out I had registered a name that used to have a site that was banned. The adsense folks were great - quickly got back to me, realized I was a new owner following the rules, and I'm all set now.

•••
Turned out I had registered a name that used to have a site that was banned. The adsense folks were great - quickly got back to me, realized I was a new owner following the rules, and I'm all set now.

The chances of that! Glad you got it all sorted out now.

•••
First you should check the Ad-sense guidelines and if you website is according to its guideline then you should check the script code which you have placed in your website.

You must also check the space which you have allotted for advertising is as per the Google Adsense offering or not.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back