information New kinda scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
I received a paypal invoice and the name was a name I used to own but not for years. This person put the GoDaddy logo on their Paypal Invoice @Paul Nicks I will send you a copy if you need.

The invoice was for a one year renewal of a .com for $61. Contacted Paypal to tell them this is bogus they said they would look into the sender's account.

Be careful as it is a legit Paypal invoice but everything else is completely bogus.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
As far as I'm aware, it's not new. I remember reading about it on the forum but I haven't personally received it.

Just be careful and check within the site you receive an invoice for and you should be good. The price should be a red flag anyway.

•••
What I want to know is how to get this invoice cancelled from my account. I cannot find ANY suitable subject heading to report it under. PayPal do a wonderful job of obfuscating/being able to report anything. Sensibly.

•••
•••
hat I want to know is how to get this invoice cancelled from my account. I cannot find ANY suitable subject heading to report it under.

Hi

you can forward the email invoice to [email protected]

imo….

•••
•••
Yes, it's a scam. Little we've been able to do to stop it thusfar

•••
What I want to know is how to get this invoice cancelled from my account. I cannot find ANY suitable subject heading to report it under. PayPal do a wonderful job of obfuscating/being able to report anything. Sensibly.
You gotta log in off of mobile, and there's a way to cancel it.

I've received (and successfully) cancelled a few of these annoying scam invoices.

•••
If these scammers and criminals were to concentrate all their scheming and conniving ways towards GOOD, then just maybe there could be a chance of them turning those underhanded ways into something very positive and productive to society....:xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
If these scammers and criminals were to concentrate all their scheming and conniving ways towards GOOD, then just maybe there could be a chance of them turning those underhanded ways into something very positive and productive to society....:xf.wink:

Most criminals are like that :(

•••
I got it but it was sent to an email no longer associated with my Paypal otherwise first glance looked legit.

•••
If it’s not really an invoice sent directly from a PP account you may not cancel it. I suspect, as I explained previously in another thread on this subject, that it is an html email with a PayPal payment button embedded in it - if so, no way to cancel, but just don’t click to pay it and it becomes little more than an annoying piece of spam.

Last edited:
•••
As rigid as Paypal is, people still use it for scam. Or they are just being rigid only to innocent real people? It would be nice if Paypal should focus on cheap scams like this rather than making life miserable to good people.

Last edited:
•••

Stub I asked the rep on the phone, I said how can I remove this? He said you can't cancel it? I said no there is no button to cancel, I don't want this in my account.

•••
You gotta log in off of mobile, and there's a way to cancel it.

I've received (and successfully) cancelled a few of these annoying scam invoices.

I was logged in on my desktop, I try never to do anything on mobile. No way to cancel it.

•••
Hi

you can forward the email invoice to [email protected]

imo….

I did, they did not technically see it as a spam because the invoice was live in their system. Crazy they have no idea how to shut these things down

•••
I was logged in on my desktop, I try never to do anything on mobile. No way to cancel it.

Exactly. And no way to report it with their stupid reporting system. This attitude seems ridiculous to me.

•••
Exactly. And no way to report it with their stupid reporting system. This attitude seems ridiculous to me.

Agreed

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back