IT.COM

New Icann transfer policy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
what kind tranfer policy will be at that time?

i am not very sure why icann should launch new transfer policy. maybe it is difficult to transfer out domains with old transfer policy, since some registrars refuse to release domains.

lock your domains become more important than before. and if you want to transfer out your domains, you should unlock your domains, this is same with old transfer policy.

my question is if there are some registrars do not agree to unlock your domains, it will also prevent your transfer and when icann gets lots of complains about this case. what kind tranfer policy will be at that time? :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
zdscn said:
i am not very sure why icann should launch new transfer policy. maybe it is difficult to transfer out domains with old transfer policy, since some registrars refuse to release domains.

lock your domains become more important than before. and if you want to transfer out your domains, you should unlock your domains, this is same with old transfer policy.

my question is if there are some registrars do not agree to unlock your domains, it will also prevent your transfer and when icann gets lots of complains about this case. what kind tranfer policy will be at that time? :)

The "back to the drawing board" policy? :hehe:

•••
I think part of the new transfer policy requires registrars to allow customers to unlock their names.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back