NameSilo

domain New here, introducing myself and appraisal of few domains (example 4to.org)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tvanrijt

Top Member
Impact
Hi all,

Let me first introduce myself by saying: I have no hidden gems registered to my name. I am new to the domain trading world and find it very interesting. However, I always start without very thorough research (just general) so I already registered a few domains (a few expired ones and a few I thought might be cool).

I have read a few threads here and I plead guilty to the fact that I as well thought I could find a few gems nobody picked up in all these years. However, I don't want to make a living here. I have a nice job, I like my job a lot, but I like trading as a hobby. I bought and sold jewelry, got bored and now want to enter this world.

So, why the introduction? This is so you know the reason behing my obvious questions. I can take direct feedback as I understand I have to get rid of the "beginners mistakes" here to learn how to flip domains.

Let's cut the chit-chat (I might bore you a lot) and go to the second reason I am posting this. Could you be so kind to let me know if any of the following is worth more than reg fee? I will post the reasons why I bought these behind the domains (don't judge the reasons, remember I just started ;))

seoschooling.com (also .net .org) --> I saw seo domains being popular on Flippa and thought this one was cool and might be worth more than reg fee

online-shoes.net (also .org) --> Online shoes had decent exact keyword matches, shoe selling is obviously a big target audience.

healthy-breakfast.org --> good volume on keywords. healthy food is a hype now.

4to.org --> very short, expired domain. Could be phonetical "for two"

ziggs.net --> Really liked the sound of this, expired domain.

I know the "-" are not desired in domains, but these are more easily available (obviously because these are worth less).

Again, I don't think I will hit the jackpot. I like this market and think I am capable to get some small profits once I understand what to buy and what not to buy.

Any feedback is much appreciated, although I do like to know the reason behind a thought, if you could make the time :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
•••
Lol this is embarrasing. Telling in my introduction that I start without very thorough researching and then missing the beginner's thread.

Thanks for this. I browsed around in the forum and there seems to be a lot of interesting info on there, so a perfect place for me. And excuse me for overlooking this :)

•••
SeoSchooling.com is Ok scrap the rest you can probably get a refund from your registrar for the rest. .org and .net are not necessary .

•••
Thanks @benpedri. Didn't think of that option.

I am a bit surprised something like online-shoes.net would not sell for more than reg price (as stated, I am very new in this world), but I would have never thought of the option to get a refund. I will evaluate my choices next week and see if a refund is a wise decision on some/almost all of them :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back