IT.COM

debate New G's and the Right Of The Dot Auction 2017

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mad409

Always thinking outside the box!Top Member
Impact
My opinion on submitting your new G domains to NamesCon 2017 Right Of the Dot Auction.

Don't waste your time... !!

Most of what's being approved is for the most part embarrassing for new G investors trying to get excepted, if you even get a reply and then get denied.

There's a few decent G's but don't see many if any even one making it to the live auction. There's even a lot of sub-par.com domains and other extensions listed too, what's going on this year?

This auction is an embarrassment for the most part for new G's, is this intentional?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
new Gs are growing ,although they are not strong enough now .
commercial cc tlds .tv and .co hint some new Gs will be successful.
and i bet on .online

•••
new Gs are growing ,although they are not strong enough now .
commercial cc tlds .tv and .co hint some new Gs will be successful.
and i bet on .online

Thanks for the reply but if you study the list, this thing is a joke for the most part with the exception of a few. I will not name domains out of respect for my fellow domainers.

This auction should exclude new g's if Monte can't do better than this BJMO.. :xf.wink:

•••
IMO namescon is a wash this year unless you are the sellers of the really good .com's. I have a feeling reserves will not be met or the reserves may well be met and that is the methodology behind this years choice (or lack of) quality names. 25 percent commission could be guaranteed on the gems as the rest of the domains make them look even better hence my above statement.
If Godaddy is going to be taking it over I would avoid it at all costs. They are full of dirty tricks and one of the most unethical registrars if not the most.

•••
We also have these long tail G domains being accepted from the registry, must be a sponsor or whatever!

estateplanning.help

•••
Thanks for the reply but if you study the list, this thing is a joke for the most part with the exception of a few. I will not name domains out of respect for my fellow domainers.

This auction should exclude new g's if Monte can't do better than this BJMO.. :xf.wink:

Sure they can do better. Some of the rejections are much better. The question is why are they choosing not to do better ?
Maybe it's intentional. Makes it easy for some of the 10+character .coms to look better.
Maybe he can't say no to people he wants to do business with.
Maybe they have so many submissions they just reject every other list without looking at them.
Maybe the ultra premium New "G"s would reduce the amount spent on the ultra premium .coms
It's hard to believe there were only 5 .club submissions considered premium given the popularity of the extension
"Premium" is definitely experiencing an Identity crisis.

Last year a lot of the New "G"s that made it to LIVE were Registry submissions Let's see what happens this year.

Bar.com has over 5k TMs associated. Hope the buyers take this into account when bidding.
Featured.com has 8 TM's to work around.
Cleavage.com has 22TM's
Doe.com has 91 TM's
Crete.com 223 TM's
When is it not premium if the use is severely limited or becomes high exposure to UDRP ? Sale triggers New reg bad faith for UDRP

Hope Godaddy has a better way for this auction next year.
Happy Hunting

•••
Sure they can do better. Some of the rejections are much better. The question is why are they choosing not to do better ?
Maybe it's intentional. Makes it easy for some of the 10+character .coms to look better.
Maybe they have so many submissions they just reject every other list without looking at them.
Maybe the ultra premium New "G"s would reduce the amount spent on the ultra premium .coms
It's hard to believe there were only 5 .club submissions considered premium given the popularity of the extension

Last year a lot of the New "G"s that made it to LIVE were Registry submissions Let's see what happens this year.

Bar.com has over 5k TMs associated. Hope the buyers take this into account when bidding.
Cleavage.com has 22TM's
Doe.com has 91 TM's
Crete.com 223 TM's
When is it not premium if the use is severely limited or becomes high exposure to UDRP ? Sale triggers New reg bad faith for UDRP

Happy Hunting

Slight correction, NameJet not GD. And ROTD is in charge of the selection, appears Monte is making the calls but could be a robot.. :)

Last edited:
•••

Cleavage.com has 22TM's
Doe.com has 91 TM's
Crete.com 223 TM's

Happy Hunting

Most generic words have at least one TM on 'em.

•••
Slight correction, NameJet not GD. And ROTD is in charge of the selection, appears Monte is making the calls but could be a robot.. :)
Your correct. This year it is ROTD
However, next year since Godaddy bought the company that puts on the show, may choose to run the auction themselves.
Cheers

•••
Most generic words have at least one TM on 'em.

Of course. But when the number of TM's gets larger the value of the domain should be less due to significant restrictions, Liability risks.

This is why the China market is moving toward offering TM's + domain to ensure value retention.
Happy Hunting

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back