NameSilo

New forum tips?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Ringr

VIP Member
Impact
45
Hey guys,

Does anyone here have any tips to share for someone venturing on making a new forum? I mean like a complete guide or something. I want to know some tips and tricks as to getting members, keeping members, and watching my forum expand.

Thanks,
Andy
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Well, firstly try making it on a topic that is somehwat original. I wouldn't suggest making a webhosting forum, because their are already several huge ones out their. Second I would get a nice custom design with a look preferabbly representative of the boards topic. Thirdly I woul get your freinds to post in their in the early stages to get discussions going, it will be slow at first. I would also do things like offer NP or prizes for those who sign up and post, ect..
 
0
•••
dont create to many forum sections at the start. only make what you really need because alot of empty forums scare alot of people away. as your traffic increases, then make the extra sections you want.
 
0
•••
Yeah, grow the topics as the forum dose, IE start out very general and them move to more spesfic parts of that topic once its very active. Also i halfto agree that the topic is very very important as well. i learnt that one the hard way :(

QBert
 
0
•••
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back