NameSilo

New extension!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I personally think it's not worth the money for a .in (From India)
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/903153.cms

Companies will be able to snatch up there domain with this extension on the first day of January I believe... I think I may catch one or two the first few days and see how that market goes.

Always the best,
/ AJ \ :tu:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for informing us about this / AJ \, greatly appreciated. :tu:

•••
Reputation points is accepted! :hehe: :tu:

Hope all of you domainers fight for the best names!

•••
Getting ready...

But then again, 1st of Jan, what time?

•••
Not quite sure, probably the first minute of the day over in india.

•••
Will these be open registrations? Anyone know which registrars will sell .in names?

•••
" Registrations will be carried out by Registrars to be appointed by the .in Registry through an open process of selection on the basis of transparent eligibility criteria. "
http://sify.com/news/internet/fullstory.php?id=13599876 says.

I'm guessing almost all the major registrars will be offering the registrations... Can't wait. :tu:

•••
sounds ok .in, in is a common word at least

•••
I'll bet there will be a race to register Indianapolis.in

...and the other vanity type combos such as:

letme.in
isit.in
hop.in
come.in
sleep.in

;)

•••
be.in
get.in

etc
etc
etc

•••
Best one in my opinion is definetly internet.in / busniness.in anything to do with big corporations definetly will get some money. :)

•••
I will be "in" the RACE !

•••
I think I should get the first one, since I am orginally from India :), well .in is also good as just being the word .in, as I see some of you have picked up on.

•••
Qwert said:
I think I should get the first one, since I am orginally from India :), well .in is also good as just being the word .in, as I see some of you have picked up on.
damn...

•••
The .in looks to be a bit restrictive:

The .in Registry will announce a ‘Sunrise period’ of 90 days to enable registered trademark owners, registered companies and owners of intellectual property having a legitimate interest in protecting their brand to secure registration of their Domain Names after due verification.

The zones for Government, Military and Educational Institutions will be reserved for exclusive use by the respective organizations. Registrations for these will be offered by NIC, an organization nominated by the Ministry of Defence, and ERNET, respectively.

The .in Registry will have the authority to deny or suspend any registration if it conflicts with the sovereign national interest or public order.

source: http://athens-olympics-2004.newkerala.com/?action=fullnews&id=39918

•••
Hey, good thing; especially for Suthra:).

Do you have to be an Indian resident to register a .IN domain name?

True_Snake

•••
No, not even Indian residents can register them yet.

•••
I smell .info value to go downhill after a abbreviated extension comes out!

( .in > .info )

•••
/ AJ \ said:
I smell .info value to go downhill after a abbreviated extension comes out!
( .in > .info )

You must be joking here!

•••
Do you really think they'll last...? After all, .in is so much easier + nicer to type in then .info :tu:

ex. sitelists.in > sitelists.info

It may just be me, but I think that some people would rather just go for the .in (Not a big deal though).

- / AJ \

•••
I agree
No way they are related

•••
/ AJ \ said:
Do you really think they'll last...? After all, .in is so much easier + nicer to type in then .info :tu:

ex. sitelists.in > sitelists.info

It may just be me, but I think that some people would rather just go for the .in (Not a big deal though).

- / AJ \

With this theory, eveyone with a .com domain should really want to give them up to me and buy the .co ccTLD Columbian version because it's a character shorter. Oh, and don't forget to get your .ne (Niger) ccTLD instead of the much longer .net.

Sorry, bu I don't see it.

•••
Yeah / AJ \ Thats insane. info is already abbriviated from information. I can understand .information being a terrible extension but not .info. Suppose Namepros had their own extension, it would most likly be .np which is short for namepros. would you then shorten that to .n?

•••
Guess I was wrong on this one! Oops! :'(

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back