IT.COM

New CPC program coming to Pepperjam ...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Pepperjam just announced the launch of a new PPC compensation model in addition to their existing revenue share and CPA affiliate programs. The new ECP would probably function similarly to the way they do it at eBay - no surprise, since eBay just bought GSI Commerce... the parent company of Pepperjam.*

Pepperjam Network, a GSI Commerce® company (Nasdaq: GSIC) and leader in online performance marketing, today announced the launch of efficient click pricing (“ECP”) as a means by which merchants can compensate publishers for driving targeted traffic to their stores. Efficient click pricing provides merchants and publishers with an additional compensation model to the current revenue sharing commission structure primarily utilized on the Pepperjam performance marketing platform. This technology provides enhanced flexibility for affiliate marketing campaigns by enabling merchants to compensate publishers on a cost per click (“CPC”) basis governed by the quality and conversion metrics of their traffic.

It sounds like it will be up to the individual merchants which type(s) of compensation they offer. You would have to be accepted into each merchant's program through PJ to use it. I don't see anything about it in their publisher interface yet (other than a link to the press release), but heads up - another PPC option on the way!

Full announcement: http://www.pepperjam.com/pepperjam-launches-efficient-click-pricing-technology/

* Interesting in itself, since eBay was a part of Pepperjam's affiliate network before they went off on their own.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what is CPC ? i first time herd this name.

•••
PPC not CPC.. (Pay Per Click)

•••
It's CPC in the title. ;) [Cost Per Click]

•••
CPC (Cost Per Click) is another name for PPC - like CPA (Cost Per Acquisition or Cost Per Action), CPL (Cost Per Lead) and CPS (Cost Per Sale).

I posted this because it sounded like it could be an interesting alternative to Adsense - especially if you have sites where Adsense isn't working out that well (poorly targeted ads, low payout ...) You could hand-pick the merchants and ads that fit your site and still get paid per-click.

(BTW: I have no connection to Pepperjam aside from being an affiliate of ONE merchant who runs their affiliate program through that network.)

Last edited:
•••
It would be interesting to see how many merchants actually do this. Some merchants (still some today) did this back in the day (per click) but way too much fraud. Per sale is paying for actual performance, the sale, what the merchant is after. That's the only way I would do it, so I don't expect too many merchants jumping on board this option. And the ones that do, if they compare the numbers, find they're paying out more with this new option, they'll probably scrap it anyway. They're a business, so they don't want to pay out anymore than they have too.

•••
Sounds like they would be implementing it like eBay - compensation is per-click, but compensation amount is determined by how well your traffic performs.

•••
Sounds like they would be implementing it like eBay - compensation is per-click, but compensation amount is determined by how well your traffic performs.

I'm ok with that as far as ebay because I can download reports and see ACRU and Winning Bids etc and you can see how they affect your payout. But I don't think that type of model will work well with the more pure percentage per sale type of merchants. Just so many issues with this type of model, just don't think many merchants will bite. A few might but even with that, it might be limited to a few of their affiliates. Time will tell. Will bump this thread later this year, see how many merchants try this out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back