New chance

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Elvy

Established Member
Impact
p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }

Hello my new friends/colleagues :)

I know we are all in the same very competitive “business arena“ but so much positive energy and kindness I really didn't expect.

Domaining is my new chance in life, in this moment I have no other job and even don't want to continue with that usual office-home routine as many other people, honestly (with all due respect).

I don't expect to be an expert soon, so I am oriented now on reading your posts, advices and even some kind of exercising in finding possible end users for domains I randomly choose on auctions, forums, etc.

I really enjoy reading the threads and articles you share, so I think domaining have a big chance to be my way of life, not just a job in narrow sense. Just a few weeks before I didn't even know that all that world of trading with domains even exist, so I am still floating in that specific feeling of the first discoveries :))

Wish I could buy a domain named: Lust4Life.com, it seems to be the motto of my life!

Thank you very very much, I feel so good here because of you and really hope I would be helpful to my new community (some day...of course).

Of course, I need to boost my courage on the daily basis, but:

'Nothing in this world happens by chance'!

Neither NP.

:)

E.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
•••
•••
Hello and welcome, I am also new and have learned so much from all the nice namepros who are willing to give honest advice and answers to any question !

•••
Welcome to Namepros Elvy!

You have the perfect attitude.

The hardest thing for a beginner to do is to refrain from hand registering a large number of domains in their first year. The longer you wait to build up a large portfolio, the better off you will be.

Best of Luck! (y)

•••
•••
*** WELCOME TO NP ***

Hi @Elvy, Put away your credit-card for at least three months in the beginning and just learn and learn and learn a bit more, seriously. Investing opportunities has always been there and always will be. Just train yourself to look for the right ones. This is the only practical advice I wish I had when I started.
Good luck.

•••
Hello @Elvy !

Welcome aboard to NamePros! :)

•••
'Nothing in this world happens by chance'!

Although life is uncertain and we can be blown around like a leaf on a pond, maybe what brought you here and to domaining is more than random circumstances...welcome!

•••
Domaining is my new chance in life, in this moment I have no other job and even don't want to continue with that usual office-home routine as many other people, honestly (with all due respect).

hmmm (n)
Thats quite a first post....

Seriously??? My advice is don't do it, there is no money to be made unless you know what you are doing and you have enough money to pay for renewals. Domains add up and you have to have a real business to write off your expenses against your gains. You have to be able to carry an operating loss as you build your portfolio and you need a good reserve to make the bids as the opportunity presents itself.

You can get lucky, but that is rare. The big boys on the block will not cut you a break because of a sad story.
By the time you figure out your domains are not selling it will be renewal time and then comes the fire sale to move your domains before the renewals are due.

Sorry, I won't chime in with the rest of them, I will not be part of painting a rosy picture for this business. If you think you can survive on just domaining I say good luck. It took me years to start turning a profit and I was lucky to have capital from my other businesses to carry me while I was learning and trust me I am still learning a few expensive lessons.

Of course I do not know you, so if the above mentioned does not scare you and you have cash in the bank then go ahead and jump in. If you are counting your pennies and living month to month then you better close your browser and stay away from domaining sites.

My advice.... Don't it, look for a more stable way to make a living.

Sorry to be blunt, but that's the truth.

•••
hmmm (n)
Thats quite a first post....

Seriously??? My advice is don't do it, ......
My advice.... Don't it, look for a more stable way to make a living.

Sorry to be blunt, but that's the truth.

Of course I am aware of it, but in this moment I have no other option, unfortunately..
During the last few years I worked from home and I don't want to change this model.
I think domaining is really hard and hazardous job, a real challenge and, of course, I am a little bit scared, but I would try, especially because I think this is a very interesting area generally.
No giving up!

Thank you for your advices and care :) I appreciate it, honestly!

•••
have you bought any names yet?

Last edited:
•••
have you bought any names yet?

For my personal use only :)
(not experienced enough to invest so far..still reading, watching auctions, trying to notice trends in sales...exercising in using searching tools for finding prospective end users...etc.)

Hey guys/girls, is really so impossible for hardworking people to reach just an average level of success here?

I find all of this very interesting.
That's very important for me now.

•••
is really so impossible for hardworking people to reach just an average level of success here?

Average level of success is hard to define...there are some domain investors here that go way back with huge portfolios with top tier names. At the other end are brand new domain investors with just a few names. 'Success' for one group is not the same as 'success' is for the other.

Some good advice has already been given, but from my costly experience I can share that the most important thing is quality over quantity...having a lot of names does not mean you are doing well.

New investors should know it can be a waiting game...meaning you have to be prepared to keep renewing a name...maybe for years...before a buyer comes along or is found by outbound marketing.

Also...beware of the estimating bots. They can give you an idea of traffic, etc, but often the data is old or incorrect...you have to check more than one and then do your own research to verify the numbers.

There are lots more posts on this site for beginners that are much better and more in depth than I can offer (or take credit for) so spend a couple days searching and learning...it can be fun and very addicting to push the 'buy now' button, but try to go slow. 'Luck' in the domain game can be improved with knowledge and a lot can be found here

•••
•••
Hello nice to mett you and welcome if you need with anything there are a lot of us who will be more than to help you out.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back