Impact
What’s your name?
A: CL

Where do you live?
A: Los Angeles by way of NYC

What’s your level of expertise?
novice, intermediate, expert, etc.

A: Novice

How much experience do you have in the domain industry?
years, experience, etc.

A: Very little, though I'm a longtime webmaster and internet marketing person with a natural tendency to hoard domains

What would you like to specifically learn first?
how to buy a domain, domain history, best selling strategies, government policies, etc.

A: What to look for when buying, why domain age is important, direct sales and prospecting tips

Are you currently working on any projects or ideas?
A: I am working to build up a side hustle that can eventually be my main source of income.

What are your short-term goals in the next year?
A: Grow my seed money at least tenfold

What are your long-term goals in the next 5 years?

A: Make my living off my own internet pursuits

What was your first domain you purchased?
A: I'd rather keep that private (too Googlable)

Why did you start investing in domains? Please tell us the story.

A: It seemed like the perfect opportunity for a side hustle. After having a few of mine lapse, get scooped up, and re-hawked to me at exorbitant markups, I wondered why I wasn't doing the same. I'm looking for ways to build up some cash flow that don't involve hundreds of hours and months of marketing to begin seeing results. It's all part of a larger plan to build a diversified portfolio of internet assets.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi CL,

WelcomeNPPuzzle.jpg

•••
Welcome CL G!

Nice intro. Glad you joined. I'm in the Los Angeles area. Send me a note if you need any help.

Best of luck domaining!

•••
•••
Welcome to the (domain) jungle, we got fun and names

•••
A trick that I use is briguy(dot)com or something similiar .. (no that not my domain!)
Anyway
Namepros_waving_bear_(Myway2fortune.info).png

•••
1) ... with a natural tendency to hoard domains

2) What was your first domain you purchased?

3)
After having a few of mine lapse, get scooped up, and re-hawked to me at exorbitant markups, I wondered why I wasn't doing the same.

Hi there @CL G .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

1- .. Join the club. I used to have a huge website many many years ago .. hven't done much since .. but buying a few domains here and there over the years with development plans! Which obviously I never had time for .. lol .. finally made the shift to domaining fall 2016! :)

2- Lots of people mask domains like website // dot // com .. obviously depending on the domain and how private you want to be you might not even be comfortable with that .. but it's the option I use.

3- That's probably the most honest answer in this forum so far! lol

Best of luck to you going forward! :)

•••
lol .. @briguy said the same thing about masking(dot)com .. friendly lot here! :)

•••
(y)
What’s your name?
A: CL

Where do you live?
A: Los Angeles by way of NYC

What’s your level of expertise?
novice, intermediate, expert, etc.

A: Novice

How much experience do you have in the domain industry?
years, experience, etc.

A: Very little, though I'm a longtime webmaster and internet marketing person with a natural tendency to hoard domains

What would you like to specifically learn first?
how to buy a domain, domain history, best selling strategies, government policies, etc.

A: What to look for when buying, why domain age is important, direct sales and prospecting tips

Are you currently working on any projects or ideas?
A: I am working to build up a side hustle that can eventually be my main source of income.

What are your short-term goals in the next year?
A: Grow my seed money at least tenfold

What are your long-term goals in the next 5 years?

A: Make my living off my own internet pursuits

Why did you start investing in domains? Please tell us the story.

A: It seemed like the perfect opportunity for a side hustle. After having a few of mine lapse, get scooped up, and re-hawked to me at exorbitant markups, I wondered why I wasn't doing the same. I'm looking for ways to build up some cash flow that don't involve hundreds of hours and months of marketing to begin seeing results. It's all part of a larger plan to build a diversified portfolio of internet assets.
Wonderful Intro.... WELCOME! If you can redirect that creativity towards the purchase of some well thought of domain names, then you have won half the battle..... (y)

•••
Welcome to NP!!

I joined this site a few months ago and have learned quite a lot when it comes to domaining. It's a forum filled with resources and cool people and I highly advise reading as much as you can!

I don't live in CA now but I was in Lake Tahoe for a few years and absolutely loved it.

...Wish I had some In-N-Out Burger right now :oldman:

Good luck!!

•••
thanks for the warm welcome! what a nice community. really looking forward to diving into all the great info here.

thanks for the tip @briguy and @Ategy.com - i meant it more in the sense that I'm trying to stay relatively anonymous for the time being. The domain was for an art project of mine that picked up some steam and its keywords could easily be searched to find out lots of personal info about me.

Last edited:
•••
an art project of mine that picked up some steam

So you don't want anybody to see your sex tape then? lol

•••
Hi @CL G - Welcome to NamePros!

Great folks here from all around the world, but I think you'll find that Cali is especially well represented! (I'm over here on the Westside of L.A. by "Silicon Beach!" - Bet your friends in NYC are jealous of you right now as you bask in our balmy mid-70s February weather! ;))

Feel free to drop a PM if I can be of assistance - Enjoy your Domaining adventure!

(PS - A kind word of advice - For the first few months DON'T BUY - READ!:rolleyes:)

•••
thanks for the warm welcome! what a nice community. really looking forward to diving into all the great info here.

thanks for the tip @briguy and @Ategy.com - i meant it more in the sense that I'm trying to stay relatively anonymous for the time being. The domain was for an art project of mine that picked up some steam and its keywords could easily be searched to find out lots of personal info about me.
You can always change the registration to "private" ..in some case,it is worth the extra cost!

•••
•••
Off topic but...

@NamesBond - just saw your name for the first time - such a GREAT name.

I'll trade you PierceBrosname for it :xf.laugh::ROFL::pompous:

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Welcome to the world of domaining!

•••
•••
Hello @CL G !

Welcome aboard to NamePros! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back