NameSilo

Neustar becomes “world’s largest registry” with $87m ARI buy

Labeled as registries in Domain Industry News started by News, Jul 31, 2015.

Replies:
Views:

1. News

News Hand-picked News VIP

Read More

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. FPForum

FPForum Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

So wait, Neustar is now the registry for COM.AU/NET.AU..etc extensions? Could that maybe lead to any changes in their registration requirements (which are currently pretty strict for the Aussie extensions)? Which extensions did ARI Registry Services own?

This is interesting news..

3. HeyNow

HeyNow Member

Neustar and Melbourne IT are one in the same. Get it?

Why in the world they are administering the .US TLD is beyond me. I know they are stable, but wouldn't the extension fare better in the hands of a registry whose life depended on the success of .US?

4. FPForum

To the best of my knowledge, Melbourne IT and AusRegistry are not one in the same. Neustar acquired AusRegistry, not Melbourne IT. Along with that, I think AusRegistry and Melbourne IT are on two completely different levels. One is a registry and the other is a registrar, lol.

5. baseballworld

baseballworld Restricted VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Weird I have never even heard of them.

6. FPForum

Never heard of Neustar? They own the .BIZ extension... Every registrar that you see offering .BIZ domains does business with Neustar.

7. theSun

theSun Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

.BIZ will takeover .com. People are paying too much for .com and way undervalued .biz.

8. Joseph Green

Joseph Green Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

9. HeyNow

HeyNow Member

Well, the best of your knowledge is flawed. Here: http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...n-name-services-under-icann-bid-75595802.html

10. S-B

S-B Account Closed

11. HeyNow

HeyNow Member

Me? You post sarcasm about my personality? That's a real knee-slapper! Here's one of YOUR recent posts (that's right folks, a direct copy and paste from a Shane Bellone post in a different thread).

When I worked with Flippa, we had "super secret" meetings about how we could increase revenue. It was at this time that I suggested that we, the Flippa employees, bid up everyones auctions and they loved the idea! As a matter of fact, I was given the title of HOE (head of everything). The first thing I did as the HOE was to recruit more employees so we could shill harder. However, employees started winning these lucrative auction so they fired me. Now there is a new HOE at Flippa. I miss being the HOE. However, every great HOE gets eventually replaced by a new HOE.

I didn't write those words, YOU did. Talk about a "ball of love." Ain't you just full of it.

12. Joseph Green

Joseph Green Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Hold on, let me grab the popcorn . . .

Okay, ready!

Shane vs HeyNow

Go!

13. S-B

S-B Account Closed

I constantly underestimate the idiocy of the general population. That's definitely a shortcoming of mine.

14. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

He doesn't get the irony, and doesn't fully read the posts either..

15. NameOmnia

NameOmnia alea iacta est VIP

Unfortunately I seriously doubt it..but I hope so!

16. HeyNow

HeyNow Member

You're wrong. I get the irony. I fully read the posts. What Mr. Bellone needs to remember is that mind-reading and pontification are two skills he struggles with. Picking choice phrases and segments of posts then posting those segments to sway other readers here is something akin to throwing stones in glass houses. Others can do it to.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice