Dynadot

NetSols Domain Transfer Out after Expiry.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi.
Is it possible to transfer-out domain names which have just expired at NetworkSolutions.com?
Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don't think they will let you transfer out without paying their renewal fee first.

See if you can get them to at least reduce their renewal fee.

•••
Awful registrar, one of the worst, if not worst.
All noobs should avoid Net Sol like the plague.

Last edited:
•••
Hi.
Is it possible to transfer-out domain names which have just expired at NetworkSolutions.com?
Thanks in advance.
Why don't you contact their support and ask? The chat support is actually fast to respond.

But otherwise I agree that it's best to avoid NetSol if possible. Unfortunately, when you win an auction at Namejet, the domain is placed in your NetSol account.

Last edited:
•••
I have the authorization code for my 2 domains there (which are just 3-4 days past expiry) which I need to transfer out and but they were generated last month and I was told by chat support that Auth. Codes are valid only for 14-days, so codes are clearly past expiry. And I can generate new one unless and until I renew it first and they gave me renewal offer during chat support see this chat support msg- "2 domains since its expired $35.99 extra domain renewal fee is $37.99/year so its $147.96 I can provide it at $35.98 for 2 domains". So about $18 instead of $74 each.

But I found here at ICANN the Registrars can not do this - https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/name-holder-faqs-2017-10-10-en Check Point 11
1688057292176.png

I can complaint but I have to wait 5 days after my first contact of transfer request and also I have tried to get codes through netsols control panel which takes about 3 days to receive through email.

Last edited:
•••
Why don't you contact their support and ask? The chat support is actually fast to respond.

But otherwise I agree that it's best to avoid NetSol if possible. Unfortunately, when you win an auction at Namejet, the domain is placed in your NetSol account.
Already contacted twice but they were of no help. Yes domains are Namejet auction wins.

•••
I have the authorization code for my 2 domains there which I need transfer out but they were generated last month and I was told by chat support that Auth. Codes are valid only for 14-days, so codes are clearly past expiry. And I can generate new one unless and until I renew it first and they gave me renewal offer during chat support see this chat support msg- "2 domains since its expired $35.99 extra domain renewal fee is $37.99/year so its $147.96 I can provide it at $35.98 for 2 domains". So about $18 instead of $74 each.

But I found here at ICANN the Registrars can not do this - https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/name-holder-faqs-2017-10-10-en Check Point 11
Show attachment 241583

I can complaint but I have to wait 5 days after my first contact of transfer request and also I have tried to get codes through netsols control panel which takes about 3 days to receive through email.

In my case i got new valid auth codes even after expiry. Generate new code from your domain settings and wait for 3 days.

•••
In my case i got new valid auth codes even after expiry. Generate new code from your domain settings and wait for 3 days.
Thanks for the info. Already did that. Finger crossed. Not wanted it to be a long drawn out process. Chat support should have conveyed this if this is possible, may be they also do not know this or knowingly doing this to upsell.

•••
Auth codes there never expired before.
Request to transfer out and a page will appear at a lower rate.
Was like this few years ago

•••
Auth codes there never expired before.
Request to transfer out and a page will appear at a lower rate.
Was like this few years ago
Tried just few weeks ago to transfer-out few names from there after about 20 days of code generation but they did not go through, so contacted chat support and they told me your code have expired and you have to use them within 14 days or you have to generate new one after that. And today again I was told about this 14-aday limit. So, yes NetSols Auth Codes expire after 14-days.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, it should work. Unless they have changed, at least last year, I have transferred out domains that are over 20 days past expiry. That said, I also used to unlock and get the auth code before the domain expired. Support does issue the auth code but they take up to 3 days.

•••
Transferred successfully my domains out of NetSols few days ago. So if your domain get expired at NetSols you can get the Auth.Codes from your control panel and wait 3 days to receive them through your email but you can not get them through chat support where you are told to renew your domain before they can give you the auth. codes. And once you generate the auth. codes they are valid for only 14-days and after that you have to regenerate a new one to start the transfer-out process.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back