IT.COM

advice .net and .org domains worth it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

felilah

Established Member
Impact
Hi namepros! I was looking for names to invest when I came across two names.
1. An ai-related 7L .org domain
2. A 9L .net domain related to science (futuristic) - also available in .io

Both are two word names registered in 20+ TLDs. I am a noob and very skeptical about where I put my money coz my first two purchases were pretty much worthless. I am wondering if these would be worth investing since it isn’t .com?

Can somebody shed some advice? :)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.com are hard to sell.

.net and .org are really hard to sell.

If these are hand-regs then they are 99.9% worthless.

20+ TLDs is really not much when you're considering alt extensions.

Most of what sells in .net and .org to retail are very strong 1-word names or really strong category killer type names.

•••
.com are hard to sell.

.net and .org are really hard to sell.

If these are hand-regs then they are 99.9% worthless.

20+ TLDs is really not much when you're considering alt extensions.

Most of what sells in .net and .org to retail are very strong 1-word names or really strong category killer type names.
Then which TLD is easy to sell?

•••
•••
None.

Just look at all the auction/sell threads on this forum and see how many sell.

Very very very few.
Here, on Namepros auctions, yes. But this is forum.

•••
7L .org domain
9L .net domain

Both are two word names registered in 20+ TLDs
Hi

none of that has meaning, without knowing the actual domains.
.org/net domains can have value, but like any other name, it always depends on the specifics.

imo...

•••
If you are new to domaining, I would stick to .com.

•••
•••
I've sold numerous .org and .net domains, some for five figures. It's all a matter of keyword.

•••
•••
For beginners, investing in .net and .org domains can be worthwhile if you carefully consider things like domain relevance, keyword strength, and market demand. While .com domains often dominate, .net and .org extensions can still hold value, especially if they align with specific niches or industries. Every time you should research comparable sales, evaluate domain metrics, and assess branding potential to make informed decisions. If good judment is used, success in domain investing requires patience, thorough research, and a keen understanding of market trends.

•••
For beginners, investing in .net and .org domains can be worthwhile if you carefully consider things like domain relevance, keyword strength, and market demand. While .com domains often dominate, .net and .org extensions can still hold value, especially if they align with specific niches or industries. Every time you should research comparable sales, evaluate domain metrics, and assess branding potential to make informed decisions. If good judment is used, success in domain investing requires patience, thorough research, and a keen understanding of market trends.
Is this chatgpt?

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back