I’m the owner of SniperScale.com, a domain I bought through Namecheap about a year ago... and something pretty insane has happened over the past week.
A week ago, I received my first offer: $5,000.
I was genuinely close to accepting it.
Then, the very next day, another offer came in for $10,000.
At that point I honestly thought it had to be some kind of scam, so I went back, checked the emails carefully, logged directly into Afternic, and confirmed that the offers were actually there.
And since then, it hasn’t stopped.
The offers have just kept getting higher and higher.
Every time I thought, “Surely this is where it stops,” another offer came in.
And now, about an hour ago, the latest offer came in at $85,000 USD.
For a domain that has been sitting in my Namecheap account for roughly a year.
So now I’m in a position I definitely wasn’t expecting to be in.
My question for people who have experience selling premium domains is:
What would you counter at from here?
Would you take $85K seriously and try to close the deal, counter at something like $100K–$125K, or continue holding out to see how far the buyer is actually willing to go?
The part that makes me hesitate is that the buyer has already shown multiple times that they’re willing to increase their offer. I almost accepted $5K a week ago... and now we’re sitting at $85K.
I don’t want to get greedy and lose a genuinely incredible deal, but at the same time, I also don’t want to sell too early if the buyer clearly values the domain significantly higher.
If you owned SniperScale.com and had an $85,000 offer sitting on Afternic right now, what would your next move be, and what counteroffer would you send?
A week ago, I received my first offer: $5,000.
I was genuinely close to accepting it.
Then, the very next day, another offer came in for $10,000.
At that point I honestly thought it had to be some kind of scam, so I went back, checked the emails carefully, logged directly into Afternic, and confirmed that the offers were actually there.
And since then, it hasn’t stopped.
The offers have just kept getting higher and higher.
Every time I thought, “Surely this is where it stops,” another offer came in.
And now, about an hour ago, the latest offer came in at $85,000 USD.
For a domain that has been sitting in my Namecheap account for roughly a year.
So now I’m in a position I definitely wasn’t expecting to be in.
My question for people who have experience selling premium domains is:
What would you counter at from here?
Would you take $85K seriously and try to close the deal, counter at something like $100K–$125K, or continue holding out to see how far the buyer is actually willing to go?
The part that makes me hesitate is that the buyer has already shown multiple times that they’re willing to increase their offer. I almost accepted $5K a week ago... and now we’re sitting at $85K.
I don’t want to get greedy and lose a genuinely incredible deal, but at the same time, I also don’t want to sell too early if the buyer clearly values the domain significantly higher.
If you owned SniperScale.com and had an $85,000 offer sitting on Afternic right now, what would your next move be, and what counteroffer would you send?













