Dynadot

Need help...web page troubles

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just launched my site yesterday and I am by no means anything more than a beginner at web design and development. I am running into some problems with the text formatting and I think there is probably an elementary fix to the issue but I don't know it. If you go to www.glyphdot.com/supportcenter.html then go to View, Text Size, then click on Largest and you should see what I am talking about. The text gets too big and gets cut off or runs over graphics. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Also, I tested the site with IE and Navigator and everything seems to work ok (except for the text ). However, a few people that I talked to use Netscape Messenger and they say that they cannot view any of the text. Should I worry about people that use Messenger not being able to see the text. Why can't they see the text with Messenger? How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance for helping.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can try adding something like this to your style sheet to prevent the text from changing sizes:

BODY {
font-size: 11px;
}

td {
}

I don't know if that will work with the image ready script your using and all the div layers though. But I would throw it in there and give it a try.

Another member was having the same problem and they were using image ready also, but I'm not sure how they fixed it.

You can view the thread here: http://www.webdesigntalk.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=173

I'm not familiar with Netscape Messenger so I wouldn't know what to tell you on that, but maybe someone else will be able to help you out with it.

•••
Thanks deadserious! I will try to add that to the style sheet.

•••
BODY {
}

td {
}

Just as an FYI for the next person having this issue. The above did not work, thanks for the try deadserious.

•••
Yes I'm not so familiar with the div layers and all that css stuff image ready is generating, but I'll look into it some more and see if I can come up with a solution.

I know something along those lines should work, but I'll have to mess with it to see what it is. B-)

•••
Well I messed with your source code a little bit and found a solution that may work for you.

Right at the top of your style sheet if you add a new class something like this:
.fonta {font-size: 11px;}

Add that right below:

<!-- ImageReady Styles (october18slices.psd) -->
<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
<!--

So it now looks like:

<!-- ImageReady Styles (october18slices.psd) -->
<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
<!--

.fonta {font-size: 11px;}

Then if you change all the places where you have text from:

<font size="2" face="sans-serif">

to:

<font class="fonta">

That should keep the text from changing sizes in IE6 atleast.
You'll have to adjust the pixel size and add whatever else you want to the class though! You can also add more classes for different font sizes.

•••
Thank you so much! That did the trick.

:D

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back