Dynadot

Need help setting up domain auctions here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jd larson

Established Member
Impact
I have some names I want to sell because I can't afford the increasing renewal rates, but really don't understand the listing/auction/selling process here. What should I say/do. If anyone can give me some very easy to understand instruction I'd appreciate it. Yes, i've read the info provided here, but I'm still confused. First name I'd like to put up: sewn.info, a great four letter word that could work for fashion designers, clothing manufacturers, or fabric artists, etc... I've owned this name for a lot of years and so I already have a lot invested just in renewal fees, and it would be nice to at least get my money out of it, even if there is no 'profit', but I don't want to price it too high to start. Would a starting price of $49. be too high or too low? Should I list it as generic or brandable? Other than the registrar and exp. date, is there any other info i need to provide? Any help you could offer would be appreciated. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Good luck @jd larson
Would a starting price of $49. be too high or too low?
Too high. Unless it's a great name. But even if it is, a lower starting price would potentially attract more bidders

•••
Thanks Bob, I appreciate seeing the templates, but I'm really hoping for some auction experts advice, so I know the best way to list my name/s for the best result.
Good luck @jd larson

Too high. Unless it's a great name. But even if it is, a lower starting price would potentially attract more bidders

Question is... are there actual serious bidders on this site? Because if there are not, then it doesn't matter what price I start it at. Based on the low response I've received to my questions, it doesn't seem as though this is a particularly active site for domain auctions, and I don't really want to risk starting the bid at a low price and then not getting any bids.

•••
By starting at $1 for example, you'll get more views and possibly more bids. More bids = more bumps to the top of the page for more views, which may give you more bids again.

Good luck.

•••
You might want to browse active listings in the auction setting to get an idea how much action there is. I agree with those that say start with low minimum and increment to keep bidding going. Each bid will raise your listing to top so help it get noticed. Realistically many domains don't attract many bids and final prices will be wholesale.

Note that a number of items are required to be listed including when auction ends and payment and transfer methods, as well as registrar, expiry and renewal costs. It is all specified in the link I posted for you earlier. Best wishes for success.

Bob

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back