NameSilo

Need help on three letter domain

Located in Domain Parking and Traffic Monetization, started by Menglodinho, Mar 31, 2017

Replies:
Views:

1. Menglodinho

Menglodinho New Member

Hello Parking Experts,

Noob here.

I have a three letter dot com domain name that is currently parked. Per the parking company’s report for the past 16 months — the domain have about 19000 visits and 6500 clicks, a EPC of .20, and RPM of $68. I have made a total $1300 from it.

A quick check on Estibot indicated this —

Search Overview:
    Avg Search Results (keyword): 10,000,000
    Avg Search Results (sld): 10,000,000
    Avg Ad Count (keyword): 1
    Avg Ad Count (sld): 1

Average Monthly Search Stats - Broad Match
    Monthly Searches: Close to 170,000
    Cost Per Click: $1.8 USD
    Ad Competition: low
    Data Age: Recent

Average Monthly Search Stats - Exact Match
    Monthly Searches: 50000
    Cost Per Click: $2.00 USD
    Ad Competition: low
    Data Age: Recent

Is there any idea on how I can make more than what I am getting from the parking company? I figure if the parking company can afford to give me 1300, they are most likely making 3K to 4K from it? Or may be I overestimate their profits?

Thank in advance for any tips.

Regards,

Meng

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Jeff Weller

Jeff Weller I buy traffic domains including typos & fail lists Blue Account

1) Build it out and monetize it thru Adsense and banner ads - might pay better with that much raw traffic - no way to know in advance
    2) Sell it. A 3L.com pulling that kind of traffic is clearly worth way more than its parking valuation. Use the proceeds to buy a small parking portfolio if your goal is monthly revenue.
    3) Without knowing the domain it's a little tough to forecast but there could be a direct advertiser or affiliate program that might pay more if say your domain was something like.... CAR.com
    4) Parking co share estimates are all over the place and mostly conjecture - any defectors care to chime in? - but I don't believe anybody is keeping 70-75% of the gross. I expect even with G's share it is less than that.
    5) Depending on where you have it parked you may be able to learn a lot from the referrer info. Should be a wealth of referrer/geo knowledge with that much traffic. That could help you optimize the domain and maybe give you a direction in which to head if you decide to build it out.
    6) Lease it out - again without knowing the domain am flying blind but that kind of CTR should be really exciting for a keyword matching end user and easily be worth many times your current monthly parking $.

Good luck and welcome to NamePros.

3. Menglodinho

Menglodinho New Member

Thanks for the info. Will look into your suggestions.

4. briguy

briguy Guru In Remission! VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Great points! If I may add another option, find a better paying keyword (assuming it from keyword searches). May get less traffic but might get better payout..

Your domain (your income) your decision

5. decades80

decades80 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

If I were you, I would try at least 3 parking companies before taking a decision, because every domain acts different on different platform. I wouldnt go for affiliate links, but its just me.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice