Hi everyone, I come here for a little advice, not really sure what to do. Context: I am currently building (well, I've been for 4 years but things are not fully 'ready' yet) a business. The .com is registered by one Chinese person (he owns the domain since 2001). Throughout the years I acquired multiple extensions of that domain and 'secured' (It's not secured, I plan to use all these domains for different purposes) the name in 7 other extensions (.org, ..., ccTLDs). Currently (seeing my business plan), the .ORG fits well because it's supposed to be a non-profit organisation (ccTLD's too). So even if I had the .com I would redirect it to my .ORG anyway. The thing is this guy owns it since 2001, BUT he dropped it twice (meaning that he did not auto renew and re bought a few weeks/months later). I know it's 'he' because I have his name. He has strictly no 'power' on me because if he refuses to sell it then what? I have all the 'better' extensions (by better I mean extensions that fit my business model well eg: .org). If I calculate well, that's 13$ of renewal fees + eventual whois privacy costs throughout the years which is around 200+ $ (without index) of pure waste (as of right now). The domain was never registered in any other extension, doesn't mean anything in English, is not related to anything, no trademark no nothing. It’s not even related to a business, so it’s all about having someone fall for that name which is again gambling on potentially ‘nothing’. If it'd be on the appraisal section here everyone would say "drop it". So my question is: Should I wait until the guy just abandons and realises it's a complete waste of time and money, but risking (kind of small risk here) that someone just comes up with the .COM and pressures me by developing it and making SEO confusing (eg: their name popping first on search engines by typing the domain name without the tld). Or should I approach the owner and propose him to buy it for < 1000$ (again I can 'pressure' (which means not pay more than 1000$) the price since I do not need it, it's just for "security", for 17 years this domain has been parked). The domain expires in a few months. What are your opinions? Thank you in advance!