Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Need help from UK drivers!

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Sabre

First Time Poster!Top Member
Impact
629
I've just applied for my replacement driving license as I lost my old one.
Just a question. Can I drive a car while my driving license is on it's way in the post? I have the paper part of it, just not the photocard.

The directgov site says
You can drive before you receive your licence as long as you:

* have held a Great Britain or Northern Ireland licence issued since 1 January 1976 or another exchangeable licence

I passed in 2008 so does that mean I can or I can't? The wording confuses me a bit and I don't want to fall foul of the law!

:)
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
im pretty certain yes.
as you actually have a full licence.
if you got a producer, you would get 7 days anyway, and they can easy check with dvla if you have a full licence

their spiel is pretty ambiguos, granted

to be safe, ring up dvla
http://www.dvla.gov.uk/contactus/drivers_enquires.aspx

Drivers enquiries

(Driving Licences - including lorry or bus licences)



If you contact us by telephone, you will be greeted by our interactive voice system. Staffed telephone enquiry hours: 8:00 am - 8:30 pm Monday to Friday and 8:00 am - 5.30 pm on Saturday. Outside these times you normally will be able to listen to a variety of messages covering the most commonly asked question on driver and vehicle licensing and vehicle registration
Telephone: 0870 240 0009
 
1
•••
Great, thanks Pred. I was pretty sure you could, I just wanted someone elses opinion on the situation. :) Rep added ++
 
0
•••
Appraise.net

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

Scheduled posts now show a small calendar icon
When NamePros posts something for you on a schedule, you will now see a small calendar icon before its date. Move your mouse over the...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back