NameSilo

Need GoDaddy alternative.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Unfortunately, Godaddy's recent script changed screwed me over royally. Their email server quit working for all of my accounts therefor I can no longer recieve any emails from godaddy. Either they have something against me or they screwed up royally..

So, I need to move to a registrar that actually make sure their changes are working and can email their customers of domain changes. I still do not know how I am going to be able to transfer my domains over when godaddy's systems are too screwed in such a way that email authentication is missing.

Any suggestions anybody?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have over 400 domains at RegisterFly. I've been with them since their beginning & what few issues I have ever had with them are quickly dealt with.
Excellent management functions. Excellent updates on domain status. Turn it on or off easily.
Global changes...has all I have ever needed.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Jim

•••
registerfly is slow loading if you have a slow connection though

•••
Well, it looks like RegisterFly is the only other registrar out there that can compete on the (former) high level GD (was) at. Everything else must suck :) Thanks guys, I'll look in to RegisterFly, then have a very long talk with GD on the phone concerning domain transfering.

•••
If you're looking for someone that can compete on a high level, go with NameCheap.com over RegisterFly.com. The service is the same (both are eNom resellers), but support is far better.

•••
Yup, most of my domains were registered with NameCheap and so far I always got round the clock and useful replies to my queries. Not a single glitch in their system that I can remember and lots of control of what I can do with the domains.

•••
yeah, namecheap is fine. I've never had any trouble with dotster either. Of course I've never had any trouble with godaddy - their support is generally very prompt and helpful, hopefully you can get it straightened out.
as far as registerfly.... the support there is clueless and the site is super slow, even with cable. I wouldn't recommend them.
Good luck whatever you decide.
-john

•••
I havent had trouble with godaddy until recently when they screwed things over majorly. Cant even recieve or initiate transfers and such with godaddy because of their screwups. Thus no way to buy nor sell domains, thanks to them. Granted, I only have about 30 domains but that sucks that I need to pay a transfer fee (at the new registrar) in order to move them to a new registrar... thanks GD, thanks for screwing things up and costing me even more money.

•••
RegisterFly.com support is much better then NC or Godaddy. Try their phone support it is excellent and problems are solved in minutes not hours or days. The RegisterFly interface is the best I have used.

•••
Riceman said:
RegisterFly.com support is much better then NC or Godaddy. Try their phone support it is excellent and problems are solved in minutes not hours or days. The RegisterFly interface is the best I have used.
registerfly is very slow loading sometimes though

•••
Thanks for the replies all :) Turns out somehow my DNS server destroyed all of my MX records.. well ,basically modified them so they no longer properly accepts email from certain domains.. which is weird as hell but ah well. Everything is back in business :D Thanks again for your replies, ended up ordering some domains at RegisterFly.. whee.. gotta love backups!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back