Dynadot

.biz Need Advice: .BIZ or Hyphenated .COM?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CrazyTech

Wordpress & Web Hosting GuyVIP Member
Impact
I'm looking for the best domain for an entrepreneur-geared website. I've acquired Entrepreneur-Forums.com and both EntrepreneurForum.biz/EntrpreneurForums.biz. I can see both pros and cons for using each. I do believe this is one circumstance where .biz would work well, but you can't beat a dot com at the same time.

I need a little help, what are your thoughts?

Convince me. ;)

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
EntrpreneurForums.biz catches a lot of entrepreneurs out there

•••
A "not hypenated .com" is still the best. If you develop EntrepreneurForums.biz and it becomes popular, you will lose a lot of traffic to EntrepreneurForums.com as visitors most often type .com. The same thing, if you use Entrepreneur-Forums.com and you want to fully develop it, you will lose a lot of visitors to EntrepreneurForums.com.

I'll try to come up with some domain suggestions and I'll PM you.

•••
Entrepreneur might not be the best word to use in your domain. It's easy to make a typo and could be difficult to spell even, for some. If you look closely, you typed EntrepreneurForums.biz (correct) -> EntrpreneurForums.biz (incorrect) in your post. ;) :p

I think the hyphenated .com and .biz are about as good as each other. Otherwise I would try looking for another domain or at other extensions (.org and others).

:imho:

•••
I'd develop the hyphenated .com and redirect the .biz domains. But personally, I'd want to buy the non-hyphenated .com before I spent a lot of time/money on development.

•••
I would stick with the hyphenated .com. Hyphenated .com is much better than .biz IMO.

I have never used a .biz website.

•••
Use the .com and redirect both of the .biz ones.

•••
stub said:
I'd develop the hyphenated .com and redirect the .biz domains. But personally, I'd want to buy the non-hyphenated .com before I spent a lot of time/money on development.
i second stub

•••
Entrepreneur-Forums.com by a mile. The hyphen is not idea but still not too bad in the case of longish domain, it helps break up the words for readability. .BIZ still carries that stigma of low budget unprofessionalism for a lot of viewers.

•••
This is only my opinion....

look for something else alltogether.

entreprenuerchat.com or something else.

or smartthinkingforums. Just anything.

•••
domainer50 said:
Use the .com and redirect both of the .biz ones.

Yep :)

•••
Entrepreneur is also a TM no?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back