IT.COM

Need a table of TLD value's please to help with appraising...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Lots of new appraisals seem to have sites with names like .tt, or .at etc, does someone have a list and can post it here of what all of them standfor and maybe what there value adds or detracts from the name. Now I know that is hard to quantify so I'll make it easier. For all general purpose names (dictionary words) in general would it add to the name or detract to it? That's what I need to know, so I know if the extension will act as the second keyword or a generalizer.

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
x11joex11 said:
Lots of new appraisals seem to have sites with names like .tt, or .at etc, does someone have a list and can post it here of what all of them standfor and maybe what there value adds or detracts from the name. Now I know that is hard to quantify so I'll make it easier. For all general purpose names (dictionary words) in general would it add to the name or detract to it? That's what I need to know, so I know if the extension will act as the second keyword or a generalizer.

Thanks!
They are ccTLDs. Handy IANA list below.

http://www.iana.org/cctld/cctld-whois.htm

•••
As above mentioned, those are the ccTLDs. However, there is no way to give a definite value for each.

It all depends on the ccTLD's overall value (for instance, .us normally outweighs .in) and what it is used for. If you have something like president.us, it will be much better than president.ca (.ca stands for Canada) because canada does not have a president.

Of course, .com > .net > .<ccTLD> NORMALLY, if we are talking about the same keyword.

Hope this helps a little...

•••
Thanks a lot guys, this will help in deciding the possible value names might have with these TLD's in the future, I think there is a way to quantify the names though, it is true that president.ca and such would not work in canada, so to make thie easier I'll choose a name that will work everywhere and should have equal value down the line. So can someone help me compile a list of...

Domain.com
domain.net
domain.org

etc, with the keyword domain, in order of what is the most valuable and not, I can use this as a basis in general for appraising later.

So for example is domain.TT more valuable then domain.ag or .cc, are they the same etc, lets see if we can compile a list, I think this will be very useful to domainers and myself in helping them.

•••
•••
x11joex11 said:
Take a look at the weekly sales on DNJournal and get a feel for what ccTLDs sell most often and for how much.

.de seems to be the ccTLD doing the best.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back