Dynadot

Near miss by an asteroid

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Asteroid "2020 SW" just missed hitting the earth by 13000 mile today,
which is awfully close as the earth itself is 7900 miles in diameter.
2020 SW was as "big as a school bus." I assumed that we weren't warned
in advance because NASA was afraid of creating a panic that would cause
democrats to riot, loot stores, set fires and and throw water bottles at the police.
Still...I would have liked to be warned in advance so that I could go
into asteroid survival mode. I have plans for this situation.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
Asteroid "2020 SW" just missed hitting the earth by 13000 mile today,
which is awfully close as the earth itself is 7900 miles in diameter.
2020 SW was as "big as a school bus." I assumed that we weren't warned
in advance because NASA was afraid of creating a panic that would cause
democrats to riot, loot stores, set fires and and throw water bottles at the police.
Still...I would have liked to be warned in advance so that I could go
into asteroid survival mode. I have plans for this situation.

Me too! I have a bunker located under a nearby country club golf course. I just need a heads up so I can pop my head up from my hole in the ground and do a little JIG before I go down the hole with my 5 year supply of Spam, rice,Ganja and all the Game of Thrones seasons. lol

I'll be alright. Nobody worry bout me!

Seriously the hush hush by NASA is pretty much stantard operating proceduce. Same would go for a Zombie outbreak.

•••
Titles that always catch my eyes.

•••
It was only discovered by Catalina Sky Survey on Sept 18, 2020 so there could not have been a lot of notice :xf.wink:. While some may have not heard of it prior to closest approach, information on close approaches is shared (see link in @Samer post above). At an estimated 4 to 8 m size, this would not have been a dinosaur and domain and everything destroying event, had there been impact, although locally dangerous and spectacular. It is somewhat smaller than this one that did impact in Russia in 2013.
Bob

Last edited:
•••
Back