Dynadot

domain Napkin (dot) com

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
I think it could one day maybe sell for $45K-$65K to the right buyer - but curious as to your thoughts on this one.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Certainly mid $xx,xxx to low $xxx,xxx name for end user.

•••
just one napkin?

i'd have to know some stats, before considering value

Good Luck, though!

imo....

•••
Yeah, just one Napkin dot com :D

•••
There isn't much history when it comes to napkin keywords. If it was stupid crazy VC windfall type money, maybe you hit your target, otherwise I would say this one is going to take a bit to sell to an end user. With crazy prices these days, better to sell to a domainer who is drinking that pay end user pricing kool aid. Quicker, and easier, less hassle.

just for fun:

http://www.businessinsider.com/millennials-hate-napkins-2016-3

•••
as a sheer internationally recognised, single-word dictionary .COM domain - one that can be geared toward restaurants/catering or/and paper towel/napkin suppliers etc. there is at least mid $xx,xxx value to the right buyer. As with all higher-end premium domain sales, patience is the key.

•••
I think it's a nice brandable for a messages / notes / to-do list / jotting down ideas / brainstorming type angle. Back-of-the napkin type thing. Great domain.

Last edited:
•••
10gs , sell it to napkins.com they obviously see its value.

•••
10gs , sell it to napkins.com they obviously see its value.

More potential here

Contact them and work out a sale
http://designwithnapkin.com/

Easy sell here, look for similar companies and let them know your domain is available.

If it were mine I can guarantee you I would have sold it already. Great domain, definitely has value, I can think of a few excellent applications.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks - I'll shoot them a message - but not sure these "smaller" firms can afford forking out mid $xx,xxx on a domain that were not in the market for.

•••
Thanks - I'll shoot them a message - but not sure these "smaller" firms can afford forking out mid $xx,xxx on a domain that were not in the market for.

They cannot afford not too, it's your job to tell them why the right domain will make their business fly.

They are not domain experts... we are, so you need to show them proof positive.
Research what companies changed to a short .com and had an exponential increase in business. Gather those facts, make a mock up logo from your target company and insert your domain. Show them all the possibilities and you will make a sale.

I did all that recently and made the sale

Last edited:
•••
They cannot afford not too, it's your job to tell them why the right domain will make their business fly.

They are not domain experts... we are, so you need to show them proof positive.
Research what companies changed to a short .com and had an exponential increase in business. Gather those facts, make a mock up logo from your target company and insert your domain. Show them all the possibilities and you will make a sale.

I did all that recently and made the sale

Interesting insight as to how to target end users. Just out of curiosity who would you initially target? The registrar as per Whois, or would you try to find out the business owner, or Head of Marketing etc if they have a Marketing Department?

•••
Interesting insight as to how to target end users. Just out of curiosity who would you initially target? The registrar as per Whois, or would you try to find out the business owner, or Head of Marketing etc if they have a Marketing Department?

Hello @frankp57
I converse a lot with members behind the lines via PM and maybe some of them will chime in here. I am leery of posting all my sales tactics on an open forum that gets indexed.

That said, I have spoken to a lot of members to show them how to cold call and what to do.

I may not be the best domainer in the world but I am a really good salesman. I was number one in Mercedes-Benz car sales and ended up running the company. I know and understand sales, when applied properly the tactics can be used in domaining.

In domaining you can only be successful in two ways.....

1. Own incredible domain names (a given for success)

2. Own mediocre domain names but be a really good salesman.

In both instances you can be a success. Most domainers fall into category #2 with zero sales skills. That is why we see so many fire sales on namePros.

The best advice I can give to domainers is to learn how to sell and you will do ok.
Surprisingly I am currently negotiating my biggest sale and it looks like it will happen. I won't divulge it until it is done (will post it in the sold section) but the price is well over 200k. Before that I did 3 domains at 75k each and about 15 at 5k with a few oddball prices in between.

I have one sales tactic that works above all but unfortunately I cannot post that on the forum.

•••
Hello @frankp57
I converse a lot with members behind the lines via PM and maybe some of them will chime in here. I am leery of posting all my sales tactics on an open forum that gets indexed.

That said, I have spoken to a lot of members to show them how to cold call and what to do.

I may not be the best domainer in the world but I am a really good salesman. I was number one in Mercedes-Benz car sales and ended up running the company. I know and understand sales, when applied properly the tactics can be used in domaining.

In domaining you can only be successful in two ways.....

1. Own incredible domain names (a given for success)

2. Own mediocre domain names but be a really good salesman.

In both instances you can be a success. Most domainers fall into category #2 with zero sales skills. That is why we see so many fire sales on namePros.

The best advice I can give to domainers is to learn how to sell and you will do ok.
Surprisingly I am currently negotiating my biggest sale and it looks like it will happen. I won't divulge it until it is done (will post it in the sold section) but the price is well over 200k. Before that I did 3 domains at 75k each and about 15 at 5k with a few oddball prices in between.

I have one sales tactic that works above all but unfortunately I cannot post that on the forum.

Great post @MapleDots. Would you be open to the suggestion of a PM? No problem if not, very impressive figures and best of luck in your potential £200k sale.

•••
Great post @MapleDots. Would you be open to the suggestion of a PM? No problem if not, very impressive figures and best of luck in your potential £200k sale.
Got a number of PM's today but I am off to the lawyers right now so I am tied up right now. I run a few businesses and I think I should invest in lawyers because they are bleeding me dry.

•••
I like the domain. Has tremendous potential. I personally would contact Andrew, or one of the top brokers. If you are okay with say 45k....let them earn the commission on top of that. Just work out a good number for yourself and let them get it out to their clients. It really does work. And they answer the phone when you call.

I like what one of the previous owners did....It looked really nice. Here's a screenshot:

screencapture-web-archive-org-web-20110705060333-http-www-napkin-com-1493475513060.png

There are also some great end users that would be interested in upgrading to this domain but in particular, I like NapkinFinance.com. They would love this domain I'm sure...

https://napkinfinance.com/videos/starting-a-startup/

I would say that 50k is not enough. I would push that name out for 75k retail minimum. It's got so many uses. I like the notes on a napkin, regular food napkins, girl napkins, etc....plenty of options

For example, Napkins.com is for tableware, paper napkins, etc.....but if you look up sanitary napkins, you find Always. They would pay for that domain. Could be XXX,XXX.

Don't let it go cheap. Its a winner.

Last edited:
•••
I like the domain. Has tremendous potential. I personally would contact Andrew, or one of the top brokers. If you are okay with say 45k....let them earn the commission on top of that. Just work out a good number for yourself and let them get it out to their clients. It really does work. And they answer the phone when you call.

I like what one of the previous owners did....It looked really nice. Here's a screenshot:

Show attachment 56605

There are also some great end users that would be interested in upgrading to this domain but in particular, I like NapkinFinance.com. They would love this domain I'm sure...

https://napkinfinance.com/videos/starting-a-startup/

I would say that 50k is not enough. I would push that name out for 75k retail minimum. It's got so many uses. I like the notes on a napkin, regular food napkins, girl napkins, etc....plenty of options

For example, Napkins.com is for tableware, paper napkins, etc.....but if you look up sanitary napkins, you find Always. They would pay for that domain. Could be XXX,XXX.

Don't let it go cheap. Its a winner.

Who's Andrew and who are the top brokers if you don't mind my asking?

•••
Who's Andrew and who are the top brokers if you don't mind my asking?
I was referring to Andrew Rosener at Media Options....

Also, use this for more brokers...
You can find some of them on our Company Representatives page (Alphabetized by company name):
Most of those companies are run by independent brokers.

Hope that helps,

•••
•••
•••
As mentioned above, it definitely has value but may take some time to find that someone who will dig deep for it.

Good luck with it.!

•••
My end goal would be $50k-$95k sale - we'll see how it goes. Thanks for the great advice :)

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back