IT.COM

Namewinner news

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Dear NameWinner customer,

Exciting new changes are taking place at NameWinner.com, your source for premier expiring domain names!

Starting soon, we will be giving you even more time and opportunities to bid on great domain names by extending active auctions until 1pm or later in certain circumstances. We are raising the price of base bids but are grandfathering all of our existing customers into the current $8.75 price!

We have also made many improvements to the Web site that have been requested in the past. In fact, we just redid the entire bid and management system. The new site and bidding system will be launching this afternoon. Tomorrow morning (Friday, August 28) will be the first day the new auction system will be in place. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with our online description of the new system by visiting: http://www.namewinner.com/biddingprocess.php.

Here are some of the details:

Minimum Bids

* Base Bid prices will now be $15 (existing NameWinner customers who have made purchases in the past will be grandfathered in at the $8.75 base bid price). In order to get the lowest base bid price, first bids will need to be placed on domains more than four days before the domain deletion date.

* Delete Cycle bids will be $20. If bids are placed on domains set to be deleted within four days and greater than 20 hours, the minimum bid price is $20. However, if the domain is set to delete within 20 hours the minimum bid price will be raised to $25.

Second and Third Bids

* The minimum second bid on all domains is $35
* The minimum third bid on all domains is $45

Bid Timeline

In general, bids can be placed on domains up until 10 a.m. each day just as in the past. The following rules are exceptions which allow bidding to continue past 10 a.m.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Damn I was late by 3 mins :D But I did check the "News" section for dupes, I swear :)

•••
their new system is weird, but yeah they had to take steps to compete with the competition and create more revenue

•••
We had no prior notice to prepare ourselves for the changes untill that very day, its like they snapped their fingers and everything was in place, new system, new rules etc...

One of the new rules was that after a certain time you couldnt remove names from your buy list, well by the time i got their frigging email the new time passed so I was out of luck and couldnt remove the names. I used to have till 1pm the day of the drop to remove names, it was changed to a much earlier time. I in return am sending them 2 charge backs.

Kinda dirty of them, they knew their system was changing so why didnt they let us know like last week, did they hope to catch people napping while their new system was put into place. I cant imagine that I was the only customer who got caught with names they didnt want.

They are being blasted in all the Forums and well deserved, they suck.

Mike

•••
Originally posted by timechange.com

Starting soon, we will be giving you even more time and opportunities to bid on great domain names by extending active auctions until 1pm or later in certain circumstances. We are raising the price of base bids but are grandfathering all of our existing customers into the current $8.75 price!

how is the $8.75 price works, it's not clear to me.

Thanks

Eran

•••
Its not very clear to anyone so dont feel too bad.

Mike

•••
I decided to keep one of the Domains which NW caught on the transition day and NW has agreed to credit me for the other, thanks NW for clearing that up :)

New problem this morning. Logged into my NW account and noticed that the 50+ names I was bidding on and watching have suddenly vanished :(

What is up with that? I spent a good amount of time watching and finding these names and now they are all gone, am I supposed to start all over?

Fun another email to NW :(

Mike

•••
:D

Someone just pointed out to me that all you have to do is change the view " Today " to " All " on the Manage screen, duh..

Mike

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back