Dynadot

NameSilo design

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mark4domain

Established Member
Impact
I'd take the old Namesilo design over the new one any day! The old one is simply "HERE'S ALL THE LINKS DO WHAT YOU WANT K BYE" The new one is more "guided" but in reality, it wastes a lot of time. Maybe its because I'm used to the old one, but the new one is definitely not growing on me, and i wish all my pages stay the old way.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd take the old Namesilo design over the new one any day! The old one is simply "HERE'S ALL THE LINKS DO WHAT YOU WANT K BYE" The new one is more "guided" but in reality, it wastes a lot of time. Maybe its because I'm used to the old one, but the new one is definitely not growing on me, and i wish all my pages stay the old way.

Yes, new namesilo is really awful. We fed back this feedback throughout the namesilo process, nothing ever improved. What's worse, all the old bugs have never been fixed. We sent test cases, even up the CEO level Kristaps. Service levels are very low quality in our experience. Feels like Namesilo staff are often rude, stuborn, hostile to our team. will anything improve? I doubt it, it's been getting worse for 3 years already.

After a while it just feels like put up with it, or change Registrar. GoDaddy also has a few issues, their new domain management website etc..

•••
I'd take the old Namesilo design over the new one any day! The old one is simply "HERE'S ALL THE LINKS DO WHAT YOU WANT K BYE" The new one is more "guided" but in reality, it wastes a lot of time.

100% agree. NameSilo must have tried to improve, as some folks right here @ NP complained how old is their design (1990x). But... If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It. Old design was easy to use and practical. New design is just an attempt to be "modern".

We sent test cases, even up the CEO level Kristaps. Service levels are very low quality in our experience. Feels like Namesilo staff are often rude, stuborn, hostile to our team. will anything improve? I doubt it, it's been getting worse for 3 years already.

I dealt with different namesilo support team members on many occasions. They were never rude. Always polite and trying to resolve the issues. The problem is that, indeed, sometimes, bugs are simply not fixed (including bugs which appeared years ago, under old management).
The most strange thing is that @Kristaps @ NameSilo is possibly the only person with a name, all other namesilo staff is always anonymous ("Thank you for being a customer at NameSilo! Have a nice day! NameSilo Support"). I can live with this, but what about endusers / marketplace customers?

Last edited:
•••
100% agree. NameSilo must have tried to improve, as some folks right here @ NP complained how old is their design (1990x). But... If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It. Old design was easy to use and practical. New design is just an attempt to be "modern".

I dealt with different namesilo support team members on many occasions. They were never rude. Always polite and trying to resolve the issues. The problem is that, indeed, sometimes, bugs are simply not fixed (including bugs which appeared years ago, under old management).
The most strange thing is that @Kristaps @ NameSilo is possibly the only person with a name, all other namesilo staff is always anonymous ("Thank you for being a customer at NameSilo! Have a nice day! NameSilo Support"). I can live with this, but what about endusers / marketplace customers?

Sounds like you've been fortunate. Fingers crossed things are improving then, we've not needed to reach out for few weeks at least.

Yes, we raised the lack of any names, nothing ever improved. It's easy for support staff to be careless when they don't need to sign it eh?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back