IT.COM

Namesilo cancel my last 12 purchases (Domain name)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dondomainer

domainnamescom.comTop Member
Impact
How are you seeing the date, since December 2, I have been making several purchases on namesilo, of some .co that appeared expired on expireddomain.net. Well, today after almost 30 days, namesilo says that he has to cancel all the domains because the price is wrong, the real value is $120 each. since they are considered as premium domains.

paye.co - Registration2018-12-02 14:12:34
vere.co - Registration2018-12-02 14:16:59
orby.co - Registration2018-12-02 14:25:29
meto.co - Registration2018-12-18 14:29:03
lowfare.co - Registration2018-12-18 14:49:51
megayachts.co - Registration2018-12-20 18:51:14
alliant.co - Registration2018-12-20 19:08:10
zapo.co - Registration2018-12-21 13:45:28
financed.co - Registration2018-12-21 15:18:46
mystical.co - Registration2018-12-23 12:04:57
ecolife.co - Registration2018-12-23 12:09:04
healthshop.co - Registration2018-12-23 12:11:57

Really disappointed with you namesilo. For me, it is no longer reliable to buy more domain to you, almost 30 day later with this, K.mon

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ah ok.. I thought u said they already took it from you

well.. did you at least get like invoice with new prices or something?

Namesilo say :

Please note that these domains are "premium" domains and due to an issue on our side you were charged an incorrect amount. These domains will all renew next year at the correct premium rate of $120 each

what means that ??

•••
Namesilo say :

Please note that these domains are "premium" domains and due to an issue on our side you were charged an incorrect amount. These domains will all renew next year at the correct premium rate of $120 each

what means that ??

it can mean that they accept their error for now.. u keep domains at the price you regged them.. but they'll charge you $120 instead of the standard renewal for prem . co (same as for non prem .co) of around $25 on namesilo.

I guess now the question arises.. what will they do if u decide not to renew them.

•••
i have no price for paye or mystical
It is very strange, someone is maybe front running it.

Listed on Afternic at $3,000, not sure how they got cross platform setup.

•••
it can mean that they accept their error for now.. u keep domains at the price you regged them.. but they'll charge you $120 instead of the standard renewal for prem . co (same as for non prem .co) of around $25 on namesilo.

I guess now the question arises.. what will they do if u decide not to renew them.

I do not understand how someone can decide that a solution.. what if i sell any of them ?

•••
I do not understand how someone can decide that a solution.. what if i sell any of them ?

well... then it'll be a mess..

but if they let you reg prem .co at non prem price to begin with .. then thats already a mess.. so you can't expect something that is not a mess to follow something that is a mess.

it's like building house on a bad foundation.

•••
The registry bills later for the domain, they got the bill, this is new from .co, I have seen it many times that is why I know. If it was LLL.co it would be like $9K bill. New ownership, they are emulating the GTLD model, it sucks for buyers as the risk model is out of wack. They need to generate more revenue, and this is how they are going to do it.

•••
well... then it'll be a mess..

but if they let you reg prem .co at non prem price to begin with .. then thats already a mess.. so you can't expect something that is not a mess to follow something that is a mess.

it's like building house on a bad foundation.

Has no sense

•••
Well, I tried to reg mystical when it was available from GD, but it was premium name at GD, I tried it on NameSilo and it was $4.22! I guess it was premium on the time you regged it, but somehow it didn't show up on Namesilo checkout.
Curious to know how you saw these low registration prices when it looks like $3,000 keeps coming up with this domain across all platforms? Someone has listed it on afternic, current holder says it wasn't them.

•••
Curious to know how you saw these low registration prices when it looks like $3,000 keeps coming up with this domain across all platforms? Someone has listed it on afternic, current holder says it wasn't them.

If i sell the domain

1 - New owner have to pay each renovation for $120 for next years ?

or

2 - If i not sell, i have to pay premium price regardless of whether I sold it or not

troubled

•••
If i sell the domain

or

2 - If i not sell, i have to pay premium price regardless of whether I sold it or not

troubled

I think you do not understand
.co did not raise renew or transdfer prices for any names.
so thats basically same as before

so namesilo says it will charge you what u should have paid in start.. when you renew it

but only once.. then you renew for $25 or so. regular price.

but of course this will all be a mess if you sell OR if you transfer before renewal.

•••
If i sell the domain

or

troubled

jemmm,, .co seems like

so namesilo says it will charge you what u should have paid in start.. when you renew it

but of course this will all be a mess if you sell OR if you transfer before renewal.

yep

•••
anyway at this point with such a mess
its probably best u wait for them to reply here
gl

•••
Interesting, let me see that they answer me

•••

Ins't namesilo going to delete the transfers unless he pays the difference on the domains?

Once they delete I guess they go back into the registration stream. I don't think you are going to flip for those prices that quickly, if the domain is in your account for now, and those domains are listed in afternic account that is not yours, that is more troubling.

•••
Sorry if you’ve already answered this question, but I wonder if these names were considered as premiums even before this happended, or if the .Co registry changed them to become premiums now?

•••
Ins't namesilo going to delete the transfers unless he pays the difference on the domains?

Once they delete I guess they go back into the registration stream. I don't think you are going to flip for those prices that quickly, if the domain is in your account for now, and those domains are listed in afternic account that is not yours, that is more troubling.

well there are names listed by previous owners in afternic accnt all the time

of course its best he call afternic to remove them asap.

yes its possible ns will prevent transfer unless he pays... but thats just one option and speculation.. like I said.. messy..

as for flipping for those prices.. well I mean I dunno.. he can list them wherever... makeoffer only.. wait for whatever offers... and accept whatever he sees fit whenever... so that could still end up in a sale.. and get messy :)

•••
Sorry if you’ve already answered this question, but I wonder if these names were considered as premiums even before this happended, or if the .Co registry changed them to become premiums now?
We have seen this prior namesilo probably didn't update their systems, when they were released after deletion they would have been marked premium. Namesilo did not pick up on them in their registration stream, only when they got a bill for the difference do they come back, and ask for the registrant for more money as Namesilo is on the hook for that bill, unless they delete, and return the domain into the registration stream.

•••
well there are names listed by previous owners in afternic accnt all the time

of course its best he call afternic to remove them asap.

yes its possible ns will prevent transfer unless he pays... but thats just one option and speculation.. like I said.. messy..

as for flipping for those prices.. well I mean I dunno.. he can list them wherever... makeoffer only.. wait for whatever offers... and accept whatever he sees fit whenever... so that could still end up in a sale.. and get messy :)
I get it but a user stated about 30 minutes ago they were able to see the premium pricing on godaddy, and a $4.22 pricing on namesilo, just wondering how they saw that.

•••
I get it but a user stated about 30 minutes ago they were able to see the premium pricing on godaddy, and a $4.22 pricing on namesilo, just wondering how they saw that.

now Im confused
how can someone see prem reg pricing on these names if this guy says they're all regged now in his accnt on namesilo
which means they are not available to reg elsehwere.

and I checked one of them randomly in whois and indeed its regged.

Last edited:
•••
This premium pricing has caused a whole load of problems.

.co credibility is shot to bits in my opinion.

•••
This premium pricing has caused a whole load of problems.

.co credibility is shot to bits in my opinion.

For how long time have they applied premium pricing for some of their names?

•••
•••
For how long time have they applied premium pricing for some of their names?
I saw it a few months ago, when they started putting $9-10K on LLL.co's coming off deletions.

•••

Seems like if you search a name on NameSilo that isn't registered (not sure in this case if it is or not) the premium price never shows up until you get to the cart page. I see it all the time thinking I found a deal then go to cart and see it's $9,000 instead of $9.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back