Dynadot

Namesilo cancel my last 12 purchases (Domain name)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Dondomainer

domainnamescom.comTop Member
Impact
How are you seeing the date, since December 2, I have been making several purchases on namesilo, of some .co that appeared expired on expireddomain.net. Well, today after almost 30 days, namesilo says that he has to cancel all the domains because the price is wrong, the real value is $120 each. since they are considered as premium domains.

paye.co - Registration2018-12-02 14:12:34
vere.co - Registration2018-12-02 14:16:59
orby.co - Registration2018-12-02 14:25:29
meto.co - Registration2018-12-18 14:29:03
lowfare.co - Registration2018-12-18 14:49:51
megayachts.co - Registration2018-12-20 18:51:14
alliant.co - Registration2018-12-20 19:08:10
zapo.co - Registration2018-12-21 13:45:28
financed.co - Registration2018-12-21 15:18:46
mystical.co - Registration2018-12-23 12:04:57
ecolife.co - Registration2018-12-23 12:09:04
healthshop.co - Registration2018-12-23 12:11:57

Really disappointed with you namesilo. For me, it is no longer reliable to buy more domain to you, almost 30 day later with this, K.mon

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Sorry if you’ve already answered this question, but I wonder if these names were considered as premiums even before this happended, or if the .Co registry changed them to become premiums now?

yep..I thought that too. - I think it was later.

•••
yep..I thought that too. - I think it was later.

well.. no...
they can add names to their premium list any time they want.. and they probably do.. I don't think its a fixed list.. but they can't take them away from people who already owned them.. whether it was you who regged it in dec2018.. or someone else who regged theirs 5 years ago.

which means that your names didn't become premium after you regged them.

which means namesilo messed up with prices. but that we already know casue they said they made a mistake in their letter to you :)

so.. its basically case solved about who messed up where ..

the only thing namesilo should comment on now is what happens if you decide to transfer before renewal.. or push to another namesilo user aftr sale.. or transfer out due to sale..

......... or if you just plain decide not to renew it :)

Last edited:
•••
well.. no...
they can add names to their premium list any time they want.. and they probably do.. I don't think its a fixed list.. but they can't take them away from people who already owned them.. whether it was you who regged it in dec2018.. or someone else who regged theirs 5 years ago.

which means that your names didn't become premium after you regged them.

which means namesilo messed up with prices. but that we already know casue they said they made a mistake in their letter to you :)

so.. its basically case solved about who messed up where ..

the only thing namesilo should comment on now is what happens if you decide to transfer before renewal.. or push to another namesilo user aftr sale.. or transfer out due to sale..

I will act in good faith, and not accept these new terms... so refund or same renewal price next year.

•••
I wonder if I should renew my .co for the max term. This is scary. I wonder if this can happen with any registrar not just NS?

•••
Now I will stay away from the .co
OP thanks for sharing

•••
I will act in good faith, and not accept these new terms... so refund or same renewal price next year.

they won't give you same renewal cause then itd mean namesiloo will pay 100s from their pocket to .co registry.

but it remains to be seen how they handle the transfer/push/not renew clauses.

I guess u can decide what to do based on that.

•••
I wonder if I should renew my .co for the max term. This is scary. I wonder if this can happen with any registrar not just NS?

what do you mean?

renewal costs did not and aren't going up for .co under these new repricing terms... this was in a statement form .co registry.

what you should worry about.. and everyone.. is whether to drop a name you regged before sept at regular cost.. and which then became premium.. and if you drop it now, you will never be able to reg it at nonprem price again.

Last edited:
•••
I request the cancellation, it is too much conflict

•••
what do you mean?

renewal costs did not and aren't going up for .co under these new repricing terms... this was in a statement form .co registry.

what you should worry about.. and everyone.. is whether to drop a name you regged before sept at regular cost.. and which then became premium.. and if you drop it now, you will never be able to reg it at nonprem price again.

Is there a way to determine which names the registry now consider "premium" without dropping it?

Thanks for clearing it up. I had mistakenly thought the registry was changing renewal prices on some .co names and didnt want to be shocked come renewal time.

•••
Is there a way to determine which names the registry now consider "premium" without dropping it?

Thanks for clearing it up. I had mistakenly thought the registry was changing renewal prices on some .co names and didnt want to be shocked come renewal time.

yep... for sure...
go to gd auctions
click list domains
click list in bulk
put in all your .co names you own
and it'll tell u one by one which one is premium
cause it can't list prem there.

any .co you regged aftr september at reg price are obviously not premium... however, I am still unsure whether their prem list is a fixed or variable list they change in time as they see fit (which they can).... so even if you regged .co after sept reg price.. well.. I guess its possible those names could still become premium in future.

the opposite may be less likely... ie: some names marked as premium now, dropping off the prem list in future.

Last edited:
•••
but I do not understand, you mean they can rise the price of one of my .co or claim it as premium any time ?

•••
but I do not understand, you mean they can rise the price of one of my .co or claim it as premium any time ?

no. I said if you regged a naame before sept then its yours to keep as long as you renew it.
regular price. cause renewals are same for prem and nonprem (plus minus couple dollars depending on registrar.. so u can assume its same price as nonprem).

.co made it clear they won't be raising renewal prices on any .co names.

•••
truth is... not all .co names they marked premium are worth being premium.. cause they are not domainers and they use alogorithms maybe evolvoing around something as simplistic as how many extensions a name is taken in.. plus few other factors... who knows...

so all in all, analyze carefully whether to renew your co names.. even those marked premium.. they are not all worth renewing for sure.. not yours.. and not all mine either..

all 3l.co are premium
most 4l.co
most 1word
many 2word..
etc etc

as always.. analyze it carefully what u keep.. cause renewals aren't cheap.

all in all this is good move for .co.. not really for domainers.. cause .co will be selling more names priced premium now... and then also it'll be getting a lot more renewal money from people cause people will be keeping many more .co names now too... premium or non prem.. cause even non prem.. once dropped, there is no guarantee they won't be repriced as prem.

so just make the best of it.. like with other extensions you consider renew or not.

Last edited:
•••
something like this happened just today to me. I tried to register a .hk. the registrar I used was Marcaria.

It showed as available. I paid. And it looks as if I was going to get it then I get an email saying that Marcaria's system is slow to update and the registry said the domain was reserved.

not going to say the domain right now but think of the most valuable keyword or words in cryptoindustry and slap a .hk at the end.

Which might explain why the registry "conveniently" marked this domain as reserved.

Is there any way to check? I'm sure if this domain was reserved prior to me registering it there is a record of this "reservation" right? That's the whole point of "reserving" a domain yes? You can't just say that a domain is "reserved" after the fact someone just tried to register it?

I would never just take a registry's "word" for it. And it's a chinese registry? lol

although in their defense the keywords of this domain is "low hanging fruit" an obvious reg. Which is why I grabbed it real quick when I saw it in .hk

Plus Honk Kong is a huge crypto center with big money funneling into crypto.

would this record be listed with ICANN?

should I contact ICANN?

Last edited:
•••
something like this happened just today to me. I tried to register a .hk. the registrar I used was Marcaria.

It showed as available. I paid. And it looks as if I was going to get it then I get an email saying that Marcaria's system is slow to update and the registry said the domain was reserved.

not going to say the domain right now but think of the most valuable keyword or words in cryptoindustry and slap a .hk at the end.

Which might explain why the registry "conveniently" marked this domain as reserved.

Is there any way to check? I'm sure if this domain was reserved prior to me registering it. that it's listed with ICANN?

should I contact ICANN?

icann does not have contracts with cctlds

but u probably just ran into a slow system and a reserved name. prior to you trying to reg it.. and not after ;)

many domainers like to think that registrars or registries are secretly marking their names as premium or something, right after they try to reg them... or spying on the names they search for... etc...but it never realy turns out to be true in the end ;)

Last edited:
•••
icann does not have contracts with cctlds

but u probably just ran into a slow system and a reserved name. prior to you trying to reg it.. and not after ;)

many domainers like to think that registrars or registries are secretly marking their names as premium or something, right after they try to reg them... but it never realy turns out to be true in the end ;)

lol well I'm still gonna check!

:xf.wink:(y):-P

•••
Seems like if you search a name on NameSilo that isn't registered (not sure in this case if it is or not) the premium price never shows up until you get to the cart page. I see it all the time thinking I found a deal then go to cart and see it's $9,000 instead of $9.
I check all .co at Dynadot, they show clearly the name prices, regular or premium. Hopefully :xf.laugh:

•••
As for the OP being asked to pay a higher price after he paid the advertised price because the seller made a mistake, that is the seller's problem, not the customer's problem. It's bad business and uncommon in western commerce to try to make the customer pay for the seller's mistakes in any industry. I hear that namesilo was bought out recently (not sure if that's true) so maybe they were bought out by a non-western company who does not understand western commerce? I don't know.

Seems like if you search a name on NameSilo that isn't registered (not sure in this case if it is or not) the premium price never shows up until you get to the cart page. I see it all the time thinking I found a deal then go to cart and see it's $9,000 instead of $9.

Yes, I can vouch for this. At least that's what happened to me several times one night about 30 days ago when I last registered some domains. The search results would show available at $X then in cart would show an outrageous price of $X,XXX. This happened with several domains but I can't remember if it was just a specific TLD or not.

Because of this I am keeping an eye on Namesilo and may consider transferring all my domains out to another registrar if these shenanigans keep happening.

I don't like playing checkout games. If I did, I would just use Godaddy because they are the master of playing checkout games :xf.wink:

•••
As for the OP being asked to pay a higher price after he paid the advertised price because the seller made a mistake, that is the seller's problem, not the customer's problem. It's bad business and uncommon in western commerce to try to make the customer pay for the seller's mistakes in any industry. I hear that namesilo was bought out recently (not sure if that's true) so maybe they were bought out by a non-western company who does not understand western commerce? I don't know.

Yes, I can vouch for this. At least that's what happened to me several times one night about 30 days ago when I last registered some domains. The search results would show available at $X then in cart would show an outrageous price of $X,XXX. This happened with several domains but I can't remember if it was just a specific TLD or not.

Because of this I am keeping an eye on Namesilo and may consider transferring all my domains out to another registrar if these shenanigans keep happening.

I don't like playing checkout games. If I did, I would just use Godaddy because they are the master of playing checkout games :xf.wink:

Is this in regards to .co domains?

•••
I hear that namesilo was bought out recently (not sure if that's true)

never heard of this....any staff from namesilo can clarify?

•••
•••
Thanks, base on that report, the buyer is Brisio, well, Brisio is CA based investment company, I dont think it have any nagative impact here...in normal situation, this type of M&A is just a financial or legal action, should not impact thier daily operation...

•••
IMHO, the .CO domain isn't worth $120/yr. I have, many times, typed in .COM even when I knew that the site/domain was a .CO domain. I can't be the only one who has done that. They are worth $4.99 at best for hand regs.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back