Dynadot

conferences NamesCon “Keeping Domaining Weird” in Austin Debut – Day One Recap

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
1000+ attendees, sponsors, exhibitors and everyone in between descended upon the domain industry’s largest conference — NamesCon Global: The Domain Economic Forum — debuting a change of venue at the Omni Downtown Hotel in Austin, Texas.

From the newest of new to the oldest of old, anticipation and excitement built as the Keynote Hall filled to standing room only awaiting the commencement of 7th Annual Welcome Keynote.

Soeren Von Varchmin, CEO of NamesCon, took to the stage — accompanied by moderators/hosts, Bill Sweetman, Braden Pollock, Christa Taylor, and Monte Cahn — to share and set the expectations for what could be experienced throughout interrelated events over the next few days.

IMG_6454-300x207.jpg

Although I missed a good portion of the Welcome Keynote, reconnecting with friends of old as well as making new connections, I started my day attending Michael Gilmour’s session “The Past, Present and Future of Domain Investment”.

As the day’s momentum picked up, it was hard choosing between three 11:30 sessions to attend...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back