Domain Empire

discuss Namescon 2018 Domain List Is Up!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
WoW,

XXXFan.club is on list, I had given this domain free to other NP member.

Wish you best luck @Arfhan Shah

Last edited:
•••
Already got a bid on one of mine :)

•••
Some phenomenal names. But domains with reserve will accrue 30% commission which is exorbitant... For names like super.com or pen.com, will the auction really fetch a value to make the 30% worth it?

•••
Some phenomenal names. But domains with reserve will accrue 30% commission which is exorbitant... For names like super.com or pen.com, will the auction really fetch a value to make the 30% worth it?

I checked the reserves on them, for example -

Pen.com - Reserve Range: Greater than $1,000,000

over a million, so whoever owns that, I'm sure factored that in.

Some great names, then some that should have been left out. Last name.net, random 4 llll's which can be found here, xxxfan . club. Those have no reserve, I guess they're hoping at least 1 person bids.

Last edited:
•••
So I guess too late to submit? I saw you posted here that it's time to submit domains . I forgot.

So is it too late silent?can you provide that link here again? Thanks.

•••
I been trying to find where to submit to namescon for ages but i couldnt find :(

•••
•••
A lot of great .net domains which is great to see. Some of those .clubs are marginal at best but I imagine they’ll get bids regardless by just being at namescon

•••
@Silentptnr Thanks for sharing. I have just submitted one domain. Maybe will be accepted this year.:xf.smile:

•••
Yes, I knew, you wouldn't even think about. I knew there are lots of stick .com flocks.

That would be in addition to the couple of hundred .cn plus a few hundred .in/.co.in plus a few ngltd, plus a few other bits and pieces. :xf.smile:

•••
So I guess too late to submit? I saw you posted here that it's time to submit domains . I forgot.

So is it too late silent?can you provide that link here again? Thanks.
It says you can still try.

•••
Last edited:
•••
"At this time, only super-premium .com names will be considered."

Last edited:
•••
•••
Most names are "meh" at best.

•••
•••
The new G's listed normally will be provided by their registry sponsors.

•••
Some super-fantastic names and som crappy ones.

Great.com is a great .com ;)

•••
Does anybody see a potential trademark concern with WSOP oker .net?

upload_2017-12-6_1-6-48.png

upload_2017-12-6_1-8-17.png

According to this WIPO case HERE, Harrah's has successfully defended the WSOP mark for several .com's that contained WSOP such as 2004WSOP.com, 2005WSOP.com, etc. WSOP.net currently redirects to WSOP.com

•••
•••
5 more days.

Looks like these 3 of the bigger names hit reserve:
runner.com
tees.com
publicize.com

About half don't have bids/yet.

Do you guys think 500 names is too much? I do. I think there are some great names, premium names but then some that shouldn't be in there.

•••
If you're selling something rare, auctions may bring you more money for the item than any other means of sale...Bidders can't get the item anywhere else and might go crazy outbidding each other, paying more than they would if doing a one on one deal with the owner.

...End users pay 10x or more for your name than the resellers, but almost never attend the places where domains are auctioned. So I would add that by auctioning your domain name you have pretty much settled for a reseller price in comparison to waiting for (or finding) an end user offer...

Great points both.

•••
Are these auctions worth it? Last year's results were a bit lack luster people here complained.

Would you put your best domains here or just stuff you wanna get rid of and recoup losses.?

•••
I would not have taken it!

Yes, I knew, you wouldn't even think about. I knew there are lots of stick .com flocks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back