NamesCon 2018 Domain Auction Submission

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Auction submissions are now OPEN for the NamesCon / RightOfTheDot Live and Online Auctions January 30 – February 13, 2018.

If interested, you can submit your domains here:
http://rotd.com/auction-submission/

Best of luck!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I always feel confused about their auction schedules. Maybe I am stupid;

"The live/online auction will take place starting January 30, 2018 at 4pm PST. The live auction will end at 7 pm PST. Pre-bidding will start in November 2017, with post-auction extended bidding running through February 13, 2018"

How many auctions over there, what;s the pre- and post- ?

•••
•••
I

"The live/online auction will take place starting January 30, 2018 at 4pm PST. The live auction will end at 7 pm PST. Pre-bidding will start in November 2017, with post-auction extended bidding running through February 13, 2018"

I think this runs like NameJet, just with one day of live bidding at NamesCon. I think you need to pre-bid in order to participate in the actual online & live auctions. Only names with pre-bids might make it through. I'm not 100% sure though. Maybe others will shed some more light.

•••
So:

Pre-bidding: Nov 2017
Liv auction: January 30, 2018 at 4-7pm PST.
Post auction: Feb 13, 2018

I just remember last year submitted my portfolios and got around 8 names selected. but eventually no one from them gave my names a shit. They have tons of submitted names received, so my names got buried.

The names on the live auctions, 1), many of them very low quality; 2), many good ones got sold really low.

if sold that low in namescon, why not just sell it on other market place with less work

I still feel confused what this namescon wants to achieve.

•••
There's been talk about the domain selection process and that the one person that makes the selections should get some assistance, maybe like a group of people instead.

•••

It confuses me too. Here are the results for the extended auction - https://onlinedomain.com/2017/02/16...xtended-auction-results-144-domains-sold-359/

Stick to your reserves. When somebody tries to talk you out of a reserve, it's for their own benefit (they want that cut), not yours.

•••
There's been talk about the domain selection process and that the one person that makes the selections should get some assistance, maybe like a group of people instead.

Their process is like free style, as casual as possible.

They can tell me one of my names got selected, and several days later they rejected the name. I asked them, they said "oh because so many names they need to select, eventually my names failed to selected"

No consistency. But I feel lucky b/c I didnt lose my names on their auctions.

Nowadays, domainers have tons of options to sell their names to their targeting markets. Why must Namescon? It's no longer 1980s, 1990s, the guys from namescon I guess they are old fashion, live auction sounds more serious, formal and fun for the old guys, but indeed, it doesn't help and improve in tech era.

It is only help them gather more number of domains and get more profit from auctions

Internet has its own rules and flexibility to deal with seller/buyer match. The real demand of buy and sell already have the best platform on internet to got satisfied. From this point of view, namescon doesnt solve real problem, but wasting domainers resources and time and pursue some unrealistic and disastrous dreams to sell high

what a joke

Last edited:
•••
Travel.Agency Flippa $10,000
Travel.Agenco Namescon $3,000

Yikes!

•••
Travel.Agency Flippa $10,000
Travel.Agenco Namescon $3,000

Yikes!

they are proud of their "amazing" sales.

"
Live Auction

The premium live domain name auctions held during NamesCon over the last 3 years at the Tropicana Hotel had many really great sales:

• Lawn.com $240,000 Wine.club $140,000
  • Tuscany.com $157,500 Single.com $290,000
  • Penis.com $110,000 Fort.com $66,500
  • Erotica.com $80,000 HomeCare.com $350,000
  • 88.xyz $70,000 Sportscars.com $48,000
  • Web.hosting $52,500 YEA.com $44,500
and many more that totaled a little over $5 Million in the Live and Online Auctions!"

But the thing is:

Single.com can sell maybe much higher than $290,000, same to fort, and others.

Real domainers treat domains as art work, domain business people treat domains as potatos. selling 1000 potato always better off than selling 950. They can tell the difference btw golden potato and normal potatos, but maximizing the sale price of the golden potato is not their mission- they just want to sell.

•••
If NamesCon can position themselve as a domaining Carnival/festival, that could not more meaningful. Now it is just a selling low event.

the greedy organizers simply want to sell more potato. Nothing fun for real domainers.

•••
I have submitted couple of domains... let's see which passes through in selection.

•••
Whens the deadline for submissions?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back