Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

NAMES IN THE WILD

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

hookbox

Top Member
Impact
4,608
I was watching the Cavs game the other night and while Lebron was taking a free throw that Uber sign jumped out at me. Why are short names/domains better? The shorter the name the bigger you can put it on a sign, billboard, bus or whatever else you can think of. That sign just plain smacks everyone in the face whether you are sitting in the arena or watching it on TV. Short names rock! :)

IMG_20170503_195642.jpg
 
3
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Short names are great, but many companies miss the memorability of a name, Uber is very memorable but if I were a company I would opt for memorability over the length of domain because there are a ton of short names which I wouldn't remember five minutes from now, of course short and memorable is best, but I think next best thing is longer and memorable as opposed to short and unmemorable.
Joe T
 
1
•••
Bump this thread..

Went to visit a friend today...saw this van parked out front on the street. I wonder if they know how good it is..
IMG_20171118_151352.jpg
 
4
•••
That Uber one looks like "exit" in some foreign language. :)
If you didn't know what it was, it would be ineffective.
 
2
•••
This is the company that got me interested in .co's .. big hardware chain using BMR.co.
The web address is more prominent in new commercials ..

 
Last edited:
1
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back